And this is why we have warnings on the classifieds. it is impossible to weed them all out, please forward the emails received via Thaivisa classifieds to support (at) thaivisa and we can block at least those specific people from using the site. But, as said, they are abundant and endless.

The OP has the sense to know that the Nigerians are a bunch of 3rd rate con artist, but they are still at it. To bad but there are still a bunch of suckers out there.

"the" Nigerians is a misnomer. not all of the 150 million Nigerians are con artists! <_< more than a quarter century ago my wife and my [not so] humble self spent 4½ beautiful years in Nigeria.

Naam, , where in Nigeria did you spend those beautiful years?

There is 419eater.org and also there is Nigeriavillagesquare.com not all Nigerian web activities are fraudulent. Though for some, all the contacts they have had have been about some idle milions for the taking.

there is one German company called Julius Berger, they have been defrauding the Nigerian state for decades.

Siemens was just found complicit and heavily fined for fraudulent activities in Nigeria.

If you get to Niger Delta, the recent oil spill in America will look like child's play. Same culprits lead by BP/Shell.

Since the British decided to plant the leadership of 150 million people in the hands of muslim fulani nomads for selfish interests and to spite the more cosmopolitan educated open societies of the south, the chaos of the whole nation and people, just inevitable.

"Another day, another Dollar"... this morning in the mail box:

Subject: BOOKINGS..

Date: Fri, November 19, 2010 5:21 am

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Priority: Normal

Options:

hello

My Name is Arlin Schneider,i will like to travel to your country with my family for

the new year trips and tours, we will be staying for a 5 days holidays therefore I

will like to know whether you can provide them with any of your tour program.I

want you to get back to me with the price rate and all payment will be done in

advance also let me know the type of credit card you accept as your mode of

payment.

The guest check in date as follows:

Arrival Date: 05of DCE.2010

Departure Date: 10 of DCE.2010

Names of Guest.

Master Peter Wayne....Age : 35 years

Miss Laura Wayne....Age : 30 years

Mr Arlin & Mrs Mary Wayne

Hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards,

Arlin Schneider.

In these mails it is always this same line: ....all payment will be done in advance also let me know the type of credit card you accept as your mode of payment.

Account Fraud attempt....

:lol:

Suppose good money is still to be made with fake hotel bookings, on an average I find 2 per day in my inbox. Usually they are easy to recognize as such because of telltale signs: English full of mistakes though the sender claims to be called Michael Smith, bookings for a 10 night stay, bookings written in a very formal way which is unusual for bookings for my low budget place, and sure, the statement that the full bill will be settled in advance by credit card.

Believe the scam works like this: the money lands in your account indeed, but then they cancel and request a refund to be send through Western Union. Only later the bank will call you telling they paid you fraudulently using somebody's credit card details, and the money will be deducted from your account.

Now these guys are also learning of course, and sometimes I get a booking which I suspect is fake, but I am not really sure. I always mail back then stating I only accept cash and no credit cards.

I am sorry for Thai hotel owners who are more likely than I am to become a victim of this scam.

Edited by keestha

• 1 month later...

That site is awesome, especially:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170645

Freaking hilarious!

Getting Desperate:

Subject: Congratulations!!!

Date: Tue, December 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Cc: recipient list not shown:;

WINNING NOTIFICATION FROM SHELL PETROLEUM

DEVELOPMENT COMPANY********* UNITED KINGDOM

SHELL PETROLEUM CENTRE, LONDON 30/ 32 POOL

STREET CAERNARVON LIVERPOOL LL55 2AS UNITED KINGDOM.

Congratulations!!!

The Shell United Kingdom is proud to congratulate you on your success as a winner of the Shell Oil Star Prize in new year 2010 Oil Star Promotion that was conducted over the internet with our automated email selecting machine. Your E-mail addressemerged as one of the Hundred (100) lucky Email Addresses selected as won in the yearly Promotion (2010).

You have been declared the proud winner of £ 500,000.00GBP Sterling. (Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds}

Forward the following information below to the Subsidiary of Shell For Payment

Full Name, ------------------------- ---

Address, ---------------------- ---------

Country, ---------------------- ---------

Age, -------------------------- -----------

Sex, -------------------------- ------------

Occupation, ---------------------------

Mobile number............................

Tel/Fax Number----------------------

Batch number: EUM QY-3LJ4

Serial number: 20910

File Ref. EUM DN 0508-9T6

Winning Number: #7,7,7

Winning Amount: £500,000.00 only

How to claim your winning prize:

Contact Dr. victor tonny (A subsidiary of Shell Petroleum Company UK.)

Tel + 44 -7017515594

E-mail: [email protected]

Shell Oil Star Promotion team congratulates you once again on your winning.

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs. Staler Alexander

Publicity Manager

Mrs. "Alexander"? :lol:

uk (+44) phone number and a .cz (czeck) e-mail adress from SHELL Oil Company?

yes they are "learning", at least adapting, this morning:

Subject: Confidential from Khun

Date: Thu, January 6, 2011 7:05 am

Options:

Hello, I 'm quite sure you are okay, but at this moment I am in a mess. Please I want to ask you for a favor.First, I'm really sorry I didn't inform you about my Urgent trip to the UK. It was an urgent seminar/Conference trip. I really want to confide in you and I want it to remain confidential between us .Also,i am sorry if this sound embarrassing to you,but i had no choice than to send mail to all my contacts.If you are not my close friend and you got this email,please ignore it.

I'm stuck in serious mess here in UK. I was attacked on my way to the hotel I lodged yesterday, although I wasn't hurt because I complied immediately with their instructions.It was really a sad experience.They stole my mobile phone,my credit cards and all the money with me were collected from me by this useless Criminals. I have sent mail to the credit card company and blocked all my cards and I have also been to the embassy to report this case. Aside these, I need to sort out some vital issues including my bills.

Please I need financial assistance. I would like you to help me out with 2,000$.Meanwhile,Any amount you can afford presently will be appreciated as i don't have any money with me as i am emailing you.I promise to refund back your money immediately on my arrival back home. I am sending this email with great shock because this is a silly experience.If you don't have up to 2000$ now,kindly send any amount you have please.

The easiest way for you to send me any money if you want to help me out is to go straight to any western union outlet and send me any amount you are willing to help me out with.The western union money transfer service is available in any banks or you can simply search for the nearest outlet on their website [www.westernunion.com].

The details below will be needed for the transfer at any western union office/outlet for fast transfer.Please i really needed first aid assistance and i will really appreciate your speedy response to my Financial problem.

DETAILS NEEDED FOR THE MONEY TRANSFER..

Name: Khun Vicharn,

Address: 79 Lauriston Place,Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh EH3 9, United Kingdom

You will have to email me the money transfer control number [MTCN],The sender full name,The exact amount sent on the receipt after the transfer.

Thanks for your kindness. Please get back to me via my email as soon as you can. I don't have access to Phone Call as i am on hostage presently.I will expect your response soonest.

Many thanks in advance

Khun

.... but don't know what "Khun" stands for .....see ya "Khun" I have a good nose for these scam mails by now...thank you!

Edited by Samuian

The OP has the sense to know that the Nigerians are a bunch of 3rd rate con artist, but they are still at it. To bad but there are still a bunch of suckers out there.

"the" Nigerians is a misnomer. not all of the 150 million Nigerians are con artists! <_< more than a quarter century ago my wife and my [not so] humble self spent 4½ beautiful years in Nigeria.

1. Naam, , where in Nigeria did you spend those beautiful years?

There is 419eater.org and also there is Nigeriavillagesquare.com not all Nigerian web activities are fraudulent. Though for some, all the contacts they have had have been about some idle milions for the taking.

2. there is one German company called Julius Berger, they have been defrauding the Nigerian state for decades.

Siemens was just found complicit and heavily fined for fraudulent activities in Nigeria.

If you get to Niger Delta, the recent oil spill in America will look like child's play. Same culprits lead by BP/Shell.

3. Since the British decided to plant the leadership of 150 million people in the hands of muslim fulani nomads for selfish interests and to spite the more cosmopolitan educated open societies of the south, the chaos of the whole nation and people, just inevitable.

1. in the utmost wilderness near the Cameroun border.

2. most foreign companies "defrauded" and are still "defrauding" not only in Nigeria but all over Africa. they have no other choice than to develop fraudulent practices to pay huge sums into the coffers of the ruling party in the individual states, to generate kick-backs for greedy politicians who sit on their boards, to bribe officials in the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank in order to be allocated foreign currency to import raw materials and spare parts, to bribe customs in Port Harcourt and Lagos to have their containers cleared, to bribe immigration to obtain work permits for qualified foreigners, to bribe NEPA to get a 110kV line for their factories within 6 months instead of waiting a couple of years, to bribe the local tribal Oba that he allows hiring of employees from other nigerian states which are "non-indigenous"... the list is endless!

but that does not bloody mean that all Nigerians are criminals! :angry:

3. obbviously you don't know the difference between Haussa and Fulani. i don't think you'd like my elaborate answer on this "uneducated" claim :lol:

I would like your elaborate answer as well, though I might have misspoke just a bit on my initial claim. Could have worded it a lot differently.

But in a country where entrance to universities are based on different scores for southern and northern states, a northerner would be accepted with 180 score where a southerner with 200 would not be. A policy of bringing along the educationally disadvantaged states to catch up.

At independence, southerners made up the bulk of the civil service and were meant to answer to not so bright turbaned fellows. There is no question of the south being more educated, well, except you include the almajiris, that can recite the koran.

And I also know the difference between Hausa and Fulani, and also the Tivs' who stopped them from reaching the south.

What you said about cutting corners to massively finance the bribery of the entire goverment arms could nt be right either. Dick Chenny just got out of a lawsuit with $35M for haliburton's corner cutting.

I know w

But in a country where entrance to universities are based on different scores for southern and northern states, a northerner would be accepted with 180 score where a southerner with 200 would not be. A policy of bringing along the educationally disadvantaged states to catch up.

in my view there's nothing wrong with the 10% difference. check "affirmative action" in the U.S. of A. or even better the "scheduled caste" policies in India where the disadvantaged citizens enjoy much higher advantages as far as jobs, admission to universities and even award of academic degrees are concerned.

select randomly ten Ibos from Enugu and compare their basic education with ten indigenous inhabitants from Maiduguri and you see what i mean.

And I also know the difference between Hausa and Fulani, and also the Tivs' who stopped them from reaching the south.

but i bet you don't know that i was awarded an honorary Tiv chieftainship just before the khaki boys made it a second time in 1984 (no joke!).

:lol:

What you said about cutting corners to massively finance the bribery of the entire goverment arms could nt be right either.

i'm not sure what you mean (english is my third language). do you doubt what i wrote about bribery or do you just condemn the bribery i described?