Japanese Moped

chowder

"Pops", which is what these are known as in Thailand, were popular here before Finos, Scoopys, etc. They are generally illegal and cannot be registered, even with import documentation, so you are unlikely to find a new one here as no one else wants them as the police can confiscate them if they stop you when driving on a public road.

"Pops", which is what these are known as in Thailand, were popular here before Finos, Scoopys, etc. They are generally illegal and cannot be registered, even with import documentation, so you are unlikely to find a new one here as no one else wants them as the police can confiscate them if they stop you when driving on a public road.

and a legal suzuki step 125cc auto is only 35k baht

try this one www.pop-shopper.com, it run normal to me, or maybe try search google. didn't know it was illegal, everybody on my soi have one, people only use it to zip around small soi, nobody go on main road with it. i wasn't planning to registered it, just buy it and use it as is. but about the confiscated that is not cool, and yes i believe you about them taking the moped or maybe some tea money. (JohnLeech) well thank for letting me know, never knew it was illegal with a harmless 50cc motor.

^I think the OP clearly stated that he was seeking a MOPED not motorcycle and he also mentioned 50cc for even more clarification... Anyway I can't believe they outlaw mopeds when half the crap on the road should be outlawed and isn't?? Like the push carts and those side basket motocy thingies the name of which escapes me at the moment but they are already outlawed too but they are like flies in Pattaya on the roads of Thailand.

try this one www.pop-shopper.com, it run normal to me, or maybe try search google. didn't know it was illegal, everybody on my soi have one, people only use it to zip around small soi, nobody go on main road with it. i wasn't planning to registered it, just buy it and use it as is. but about the confiscated that is not cool, and yes i believe you about them taking the moped or maybe some tea money. (JohnLeech) well thank for letting me know, never knew it was illegal with a harmless 50cc motor.

they are very popular in the universitys, and graduates sell them at 5-10 k baht when they leave. Illegal and no plates, so stay away from mainroads

(JohnLeech) well thank for letting me know, never knew it was illegal with a harmless 50cc motor.

I was told that even with all the import papers you can't register anything under 80cc because that was the size of the smallest m/c engine produced in Thailand, but beyond that I don't know the reason. I have still got my 50cc Yamaha Vino which I use locally, but I wouldn't use it on a main road.