Travel After Uk Settlement Visa Issued

We have just got our visa granted and my fiancee will be flying here in 3 weeks, But my question is can she travel back to Thailand after she has entered the UK , she seems to think she can travel back to Thailand 2 times in the 24 month visa. ( i have no idea where she has heard this but is convinced of it ) And i'm under the impression she cant leave the UK at all in the 24 month period.

Can anyone comfirm this for me, as she has her heart on going back to celebrate Songkram in April.

Thanks in advance:jap:

Don't panic fella sounds like those naughty girls that circle the VFS centre have fed her a load of twallop. Truth is if settlement visa is issued there is no restriction on exiting or entering the UK. However after the two year period has elapsed you may want to consider ILR or FLR so that can have a dtremental affect if too long is spent out of the UK in the previous two years..! So it may pay to get your missus while in the UK, working with NI number, and get her a bank accountan and get her name on utility bills ASAP ! Good Luck

Don't panic fella sounds like those naughty girls that circle the VFS centre have fed her a load of twallop. Truth is if settlement visa is issued there is no restriction on exiting or entering the UK. However after the two year period has elapsed you may want to consider ILR or FLR so that can have a dtremental affect if too long is spent out of the UK in the previous two years..! So it may pay to get your missus while in the UK, working with NI number, and get her a bank accountan and get her name on utility bills ASAP ! Good Luck

Thanks for the info,

I'm a bit confused by your post. You have a 2 - year settlement visa for your fiancee ? You aren't married ?

Yes your right it is 6 month, But we plan to marry ASAP and get the 2 year visa extension. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm a bit confused by your post. You have a 2 - year settlement visa for your fiancee ? You aren't married ?

Yes your right it is 6 month, But we plan to marry ASAP and get the 2 year visa extension. Sorry for the confusion.

OK. Once you are married and she has the two-year extension she can leave, and return, the UK whenever she wants within the two year period. If she then applies for further leave to remain she will be expected to have spent a fair proportion of the previous two years in the UK ( as posted above ) by jasonr2355

OK. Once you are married and she has the two-year extension she can leave, and return, the UK whenever she wants within the two year period. If she then applies for further leave to remain she will be expected to have spent a fair proportion of the previous two years in the UK ( as posted above ) by jasonr2355

Thank you I'm glad i have this cleared up :jap: