I Am Married To A Thai Girl In Sydney And We Are Planing To Move To Thailand In 3 Months To Live Whats Visa Can I Get....

A Non Imm O visa will give you 90 days.

A Multi Non Imm O Visa would give you up to 15 months but would need a border run every 90 days.

When in Thailand you can apply for 12 month extension if qualify financially.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Non immigrant O.

This is the 3rd time you have asked the same question and in the previous two threads you never responded. Giving people an idea of your work/financial status and such would be very helpful for them to supply correct information.

You are aware of ownership restrictions for foreigners I hope. And restrictions on work for foreigners?

If you can have 400k baht in a Thai bank account within 30 days of arrival in Thailand in your name only a single entry non immigrant O visa would allow time for making a one year extension of stay from Immigration (money must be in account 60 days prior to application). Otherwise it would be best to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of up to 90 day stays. Perth or Brisbane would be good choice to obtain from.

Hi there and thanks for the info suggested above.

I have some questions regarding a non-o visa as well, perhaps someone here can help me. I am here since a while on tourist visa, and would like to get a non-o visa to stay for one year but there are still some confusions.

I usually go with a Visa run to Laos to get a Tourist Visa. Can I get a non-o from there as well? Secondly how much money is required? Some people told me 200k , others 400k. Which one is it? Last but not least, as I am here on a tourist visa , I don't have a Thai Bank account. Can I deposit the money on my Wife's Bank account and leave it there for the time needed ? (i am married to her since 2 years)

Thank you very much for all your help here.

p123

Edited by panzer123

You should be able to obtain single entry non immigrant O visa from any Consulate without the need for bank account money (although you might have to show 20k as the normal requirement for such a visa). A non immigrant O visa only allows a stay or 90 days regardless of how long it is valid. Only an extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand allows you to stay without leaving and that requirement is 400k in your bank account 60 days or 40k per month income. You can easily obtain a bank account with any type of visa but it may require you visit your Embassy for a letter of your address. But if you go with wife to her bank that may not even be required. And if you go branch to branch you will soon find one that will open an account. Most Immigration offices seem to require the money to be in your account currently.