Terrible Dog Skin Condition

deejah

Cannot understand how a city such as Pattaya has no animal charity operating a help centre,most other cities a lot smaller than Pattaya have something .The local Wat here has animals dumped there with a variety injuries,sad they have got to suffer with no help forthcoming.

Today I 'm picking a kitten up from the local Wat ,it has a broken back,just dragging itself around, way past the point it should be PTS,the govt vet flatly refuses to put it down ,while the private vets want anything up to 1000 Baht to do the job,just money making racket,the drug itself to put it down could not be more than a few Baht,other animals there just crying out for help,but what to do? The best I can do is take the more obviously maimed animal to be PTS,but it all costs.

True I did a lot of animal help in India for quite a few years,took early retirement,went to live there and got drawn into it gradually,but I had all the help in the world,animal charities with 6 or 7 seven vets within an hour away ,my own vehicles ,trap cages dart guns ,ketamin,all there ,but here nothing.

Used to tell the locals there that if you look after your animal in this lifetime,your animal will look after you in your next lifetime,worked sometimes.

Well that's it,finally had the cat PTS.The govt vet is useless,charged 100 baht for vitamin injection,told not to come back if I want an animal PTS,took it to Siam Country road vet,PTS straight away,wanted 800 Baht for their cost but they said leave it and come back when you want to pay,vet said most people do not come back to pay ,but I gave 500 as way of payment. Now I have 2 leg amputations,one old dog probably to PTS,two broken legs to have re-set,just take it one stage as a time.

wow

this has brought some very kind souls out from the woodwork

thanks again guys

now what we need is a safe viable easy and cheap way to neuter the dogs

i feel a bit bad saving the dogs only to have them reproduce and make more homeless mongrels

all the best

woof woof

wow

this has brought some very kind souls out from the woodwork

thanks again guys

now what we need is a safe viable easy and cheap way to neuter the dogs

i feel a bit bad saving the dogs only to have them reproduce and make more homeless mongrels

all the best

woof woof

well maybe this update will warm your heart

(or rub it in more, or inspire you)

we can only make it once a week to feed and medicate them

but they see us coming a mile away and come to greet us

after only one dosing i notice the alpha female is scratching less

the smaller sensitive female is still scratching but happy to have someone who cares

so happy to see us

she wont go in the water but follows me to watch

every time i go in, very sweet

obviously these dogs are accustomed to people

take to people well

they follow us when we leave

and would probably follow us home if we allowed it

nalak mak mak

few of the 100+ dogs at maprachan care center if anybody needs one, puppies had to rescued from mother as they were at side of the road and 2 were killed. some really nice dog and the guy who is 78 spends over 100,000 per month on vets and food. worth a trip if you like dogs.post-53164-030347300 1280423597_thumb.jppost-53164-054117500 1280423606_thumb.jppost-53164-025712300 1280423625_thumb.jppost-53164-068008200 1280423643_thumb.jppost-53164-043374000 1280423695_thumb.jp

Have written to International Animal Rescue, a UK based animal charity regarding opening up a base here in Pattaya,they have a few scattered about the east,and are good. It would be no problem with funding I'm sure once off the ground as there is a great deal of sympathy for the animals,they could be picked up sterilised held for a few days and then released back into their own area,drugs at cost plus 10% or so,just get a vet involved at a decent wage. anyway see if they are interested

just a thought deejah,if you want the dogs sterilised you could bring one dog as a time back to the mainland,get it sterilised and take it back on your next trip,that's if they are friendly enough

Edited by jori

ok i will certainly consider it

at this point i am afraid to touch them due to disease

hoping that will change eventually

please feel free to post details

place time involved and cost etc...

oh someone told me there are dog ticks too small to see that can infect people

any info?

thanks again guys

kind hearts

A human being is more capable of spreading viruses/diseases than any dog or cat. Dog ticks or fleas cannot live on a human being,there is nothing that is going to grab and infect you with anything,perhaps rabies but that is a long shot,never going to happen.

From 500 Baht to 1000 baht for sterilisation 100 to 150 Baht nights stay at the vets. time it right off the ferry straight to the vet ,then pick it up on the way back...perfect.

Dog ticks are better burnt in a piece of paper if you happen to pull one off a dog,if you crush it ,it releases thousands of eggs.

They have mange...,most "soi dogs" get this condition. It's their lot in life...there is nothing you can do about it except add a little wafarin to their food. Don't sweat it...the lifespan of soi dog is only 3-4 years before re-incarnation so they don't suffer for long.

Aloha

If you would mix one cup of powered sulfur to three cups of vegetable oil, mix and rub on dog, each time you see him/ her, he/she will heal, regrow hair and be a happy dog.

• 3 weeks later...

First time I have ever treated a pack of dogs together (probably 12 in all) with varying degrees of mange, excellent results. The more openly bloodied ones,with running sores have dried up ,pink skin forming and I suppose hair loss returning in a month or so. Just squirt the liquid on a piece of food and toss it at them,some get more,some less but no harmful effect,only used injections before,good that the condition can be treated so easily

The one I really wanted to treat and has absolutely no hair on her body has just had pups so cannot give it to her .. Ivermectin is really good for mange

Edited by jori

They can die when I'm not around,if I can do anything to help them out of their suffering I'll do it. This particular pack were well out of town,not troubling anybody,probably will die through other reasons eventually. If I can get hold of the bitches I'll get them sterilised,but they have never been handled by a human and it gets difficult,but I do manage at times.

Was taking 2 dogs for PTS a few days ago from local Wat,much to the displeasure of the monks,but one beat me to it and died the same morning time was up,but no pain or suffering and after 18 years according to the monks the dog had a good innings

update

sores and scabs completely gone on the small gal

hair is now growing back!!!

got a terrible case of fleas now that there is hair to hide in

hundreds of them

now i am mainly concerned that they are females and may reproduce

on that note

the young one has what i can only describe as drooping pussy

in fact her organ looks so bad, she looks like a male

very strange, i have seen this before on other thai dogs

i thought maybe hemorrhoids, sad looking, maybe she cant get pregnant

anyway

i was thinking how great it would be to give the dogs birth control like i dispense the skin medicine

is there such a thing as BC for dogs?

is there such thing as chemical sterilization?

this would be so convenient and could solve the doggy overpopulation prob easily

thanks again guys for your support feedback and help

this has been a richly inspiring affair

and would like to take it further to make more of a difference in the future

update

sores and scabs completely gone on the small gal

hair is now growing back!!!

got a terrible case of fleas now that there is hair to hide in

hundreds of them

now i am mainly concerned that they are females and may reproduce

on that note

the young one has what i can only describe as drooping pussy

in fact her organ looks so bad, she looks like a male

very strange, i have seen this before on other thai dogs

i thought maybe hemorrhoids, sad looking, maybe she cant get pregnant

anyway

i was thinking how great it would be to give the dogs birth control like i dispense the skin medicine

is there such a thing as BC for dogs?

is there such thing as chemical sterilization?

this would be so convenient and could solve the doggy overpopulation prob easily

thanks again guys for your support feedback and help

this has been a richly inspiring affair

and would like to take it further to make more of a difference in the future

Do not know about the problems with the bitch,best to take a photo of it if you can and have a word with a vet when u get back to mainland,maybe a tumour. Can get drops for fleas about 60 baht a small bottle. Get friendly with dogs get a collar and walk them a bit when used to it just get them into pre booked vet for sterilisation in and out in 5 days,its cheap too

just got some herbal medicine from the UK. PM and i will give you my number.

Do not know what herbs will do in this situation. Could be prolapsed womb ,tumour or one of the other,bit of effort and all fixed pm me Ill help you out

Ghandi said: You can judge the morality of a people and the civilisation of a country by the way they treat their animals.

I have five dogs, all strays from the streets. One I've had now for seven years, best natured most loyal dogs I could wish for. You get back what you put in.

Thanks Jori.

Edited by dogtim

this sounds like the best thing so far

get ivermec

give about .5 to 2 mg per dog in food once every 2 weeks

(i think i will start with once a week for the first 2 doses)

ok mai?

so even though its for injection it works orally as well??

thanks so much

Just give it full strength until you see some results,once a week,it needs building up in the dog,easy to have relapse

Thx Jori:

Wifey bought some Ivermec powder in small sachet pack 50baht each, treating all our 5 dogs once a week in communal food mix.. only one, the female purebred Shepherd , has obvious recurring mange and has been treated twice before on courses of injections which the vet says were in fact Ivermec. Other 4 dogs are soi,x etc and responded well to injections and seem to be free of any mange now but have some dry patches with dandruff still which I assume maybe potential mange??

thanks again

david

• 1 year later...

putting this in pattaya forum

as i am pattaya

and dog is near too

been feeding some starving beach dogs

that have an aweful skin conditon

loosing all of their fur

and they scratch themselves bloody

i am hoping there is some medicine i can give them

please help

- what is wrong with them?

- how can i treat them?

- where can i get medicine cheap?

- if you have medicine and can give it to me please let me know

thanks for your feedback in advanced

please remember

IYCSSNDSAAT

(if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all)

Sarcoptic Mange - bad news for dogs. Also hard to erradicate. Almost all dogs in Thailand suffer from this. They basically scratch until they give up the will to live.

SADLY - for best results of a cure it has to be on a young dog, soon after the outbreak of mange on the body, and the hardest part, the dog needs to be isolated form other dogs.

Impossible for Soi and temple dogs.

Follow this link to read more.:jap:

http://animals.howst...or-dogs-ga4.htm

This is utter misinformation

Mange CAN be cured on adult soi doigs.

I treated successfully 4 adults dogs myself and did not have to separate them.

You only need to pay 100 baht per dog for medication, the rest you can do it yourself with aromatherapy.

• 3 weeks later...

They have mange...,most "soi dogs" get this condition. It's their lot in life...there is nothing you can do about it except add a little wafarin to their food. Don't sweat it...the lifespan of soi dog is only 3-4 years before re-incarnation so they don't suffer for long.

I mix sulfur and cooking oil, put it on them often, many cure, I have sulfur 089-8977816