Best Digital Camera Under 5K-6K Baht

My daughters refuse to use my 7 year old Sony Cybershot 3.2 MP which I paid 13,000 Baht for and still works fine. Birthdays coming up so I would really appreciate any informed views on a good camera for the girls. Seems I need to buy two. Cool colors a plus apparently. Thanking you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a big difference in cameras today so but perhaps you should get one new camera for yourself (which they will use) and upgrade there phones as most non flash photos can be taken quite well with the newer models. And they always have that with them.

I bought a Canon a few months ago and very happy with the operation and quality of photos. In checking it appears Sony and Canon were the best choice in that price range. I had a Fuji and was never happy with it. A Panasonic was OK but always had to sharpen images for my taste. Canon gives me what I want without major change.

There is a big difference in cameras today so but perhaps you should get one new camera for yourself (which they will use) and upgrade there phones as most non flash photos can be taken quite well with the newer models. And they always have that with them.

I bought a Canon a few months ago and very happy with the operation and quality of photos. In checking it appears Sony and Canon were the best choice in that price range. I had a Fuji and was never happy with it. A Panasonic was OK but always had to sharpen images for my taste. Canon gives me what I want without major change.

Thanks for your reply lopburi3. As it turnned out I did buy a pair of Canons at Pantip when I was traveling in Bankok this past week. Everyone seems happy enough with them. Small, with the features they wanted and in the price range I wanted.