Settlement Application

Hi there.

Just another application question please.Just wanting to know if we will get our folder back with all the information we submitted if for some reason our application is unsuccessfull?

Just worrying that alot of important information will be lost if they decide not to return it?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Our experience from a successful tourist visa application was that the folder was returned in a bit of a disorganised mess with some documentation missing, the really important ones were returned though.

Not wishing to worry you unduly but I am sure I read somewhere that if you submit an "original" document that you want returned it is best to also submit a photocopy along with it with it.

With our current settlement application I was very careful to supply a copy of the original documents that we needed to be returned.

Good luck, I hope your application is successful.

They like to keep supporting documents on file so they can refer to them in any future application.

From How to Apply

You must provide original documents with a photocopy of each original document you are submitting. You should particularly include original documents relating to birth, marriage, divorce and death. If you are not able to include originals of these then you should send attested copies. Your original documents might not be returned to you if you do not provide photocopies of the originals. Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.