90 Day Reporting

I arrived in Thailand on 24 June and will leave again on 23 September, a total stay of 92 days. I live here on a retirement extension, so have to report every 90 days. As I understand it, there is a week's grace either side of the 90 days before penalties start kicking in - is that right? So in this case would you bother to report 2 days before departure, or just ignore it all?

The grace is if you report. If you fail to report you my find a 2,000 baht fine waiting for you 90 days after your return if they check your departure date closely. I would make the report on time or early. There do seem a lot of people paying fines these days

Don't forget you can just mail your 90 day report, up to 1 week in advance. Don't do it after the date you are supposed to report, that can only be done if you do it in person.

You never have to report in person. You can send anyone with your passport. I always send my maid or driver.

Thanks for the replies. It seems safest if I just pop along there the week before I leave. Especially as my next visit to Immigration will be in early December to get another 1 year retirement extension - I don't want to give them any excuse to think I'm a bad lad.