Depression And Glint Of Hope Found

A few of you know I am in a rut since leaving Thailand. I've been a bit down to say the least and to make matters worse I'm working in germany. However acquiring Singha and Chang in the middle of Deutchland has amazingly made me feel closer to beloved Thailand and my gf. Hence I cleaned out the supply and bought all that they had in the store. Only 1euro a bottle! :o:D

If you really are feeling down and it's ongoing and you don't want to take anti-depressants(they numb you and aren't a good thing unless your really really depressed. one wouldn't be able to enjoy music anymore ect.)

For very mild depression a great herb is call st john's wort available over the counter there and in thailand(it called blackmoores hyperforte in thailand) in one a day pill format. About 400baht in boots for a month supply which might be all one needs. It takes about 3 weeks to work.

As a student years ago a lot of us used to take them with all the pressure from exams ect. You just notice that your slightly more upbat and the same old things don't get you down like before with it.

I start getting depressed about 5 days before I have to leave each time, and start getting (unpressed ? impressed ? upbeat ?) about 10 days before going back.

Can't get any cheap stimulants to remind me of Thailand in this place (just my flag, memories, language books and this forum !).

Only met briefly Brit but you seem like a top guy. I feel for ya but like was said, at least you've got TV and a great gal by the sounds of it, ALL the chang/singha in town AND a plan to return soon :o

Any thai/expat type clubs/associations near where you are? Might want to check 'em out to cheer you up (just don't tell them you cornered all the thai beer;). hang in! :D

Dont feel to bad brit, i think all of us who have left los feel the same as you, well i know i do :o I just think of the future and i still have my beautiful wife and after discovering tv last month i have found being without my adopted home a lot easier to cope with :D

Keep your pecker up.

How long have you got before you go back?

Quite a few years ago, when my wife was then my girlfriend, I left her in Thailand to go to Israel to gain some horticultural experience. On arriving I found my work place full of Thai workers, mosly from Isaan, playing Isaan music and cooking the food of that region (I suppose a version of it, with the available ingredients). It done my head in (I had been living in Udon and Khon Kaen for many months). It was nice at first as it reminded me of my girlfriend but I after a while I couldn't stand it. Suffice to say, I was back in Thailand within a few weeks. I had to return to the UK a couple of months later to earn some money but that little experience made up my mind that I wanted to marry this girl and when I returned to Thailand again I did.

Try to stay positive because if you want it to, it will work out. :o