Android App Wanted

I find I don't use the Android over GPRS very much as I'm usually around a Wifi AP so have changed my unlimited GPRS plan to 10 hours/month.

I'd like to find an app that could count the hours online as the DTAC notification does not follow the bill cycle.

Several available - netcounter, watchdog - but they all count traffic, not time. Anyone know of one that counts time online?

Edited by Phil Conners

I find I don't use the Android over GPRS very much as I'm usually around a Wifi AP so have changed my unlimited GPRS plan to 10 hours/month.

I'd like to find an app that could count the hours online as the DTAC notification does not follow the bill cycle.

Several available - netcounter, watchdog - but they all count traffic, not time. Anyone know of one that counts time online?

Will be hard, as in pretty much all countries mobile data is billed per data transfer and not time, hence that is what most of those programs will do.

Haven't found one yet (free that is) for windows mobile either...

Do you have a post paid or prte-paid accound with Dtac? Pre-paid you can check online (http://eservice.dtac.co.th/bp3/bin/DpromptIndex?lang=E), not sure they have the same for post paid...

I slapped an unlimited on for the next few months while I get used to it, but once bored and using it only for basics I suspect I too would prefer a x amount of hours deal rather than the unlimited.

Problem is when so many apps make routine checks, how long does AIS bill for each access.. A few bytes every few mins and they will keep it open..

Do you have a post paid or prte-paid accound with Dtac? Pre-paid you can check online (http://eservice.dtac...mptIndex?lang=E), not sure they have the same for post paid..

For post pay you have to send the word "Balance" in an SMS message to 1004. This triggers a return SMS with the current balance. Problem is at least around billing time this value is not up-to-the minute. At least a week into the new billing cycle it still give you the old balance. Of course I've asked the cute helpdesk girls about this but that's just the way it is.

Problem is when so many apps make routine checks, how long does AIS bill for each access.. A few bytes every few mins and they will keep it open..

Just turn off GPRS. There are even a couple of widgets to do that. Then the apps can't connect that way.

Not sure that measuring time will be so simple :( I've never heard of any android network monitor that measures time.

The other issue is how do the Thai telcos measure time? Is it per second, per minute etc?

Personally I think paying 650B per month for unlimited GPRS is a pretty good deal. I know that's not going to help you - sorry.

Maybe, I don't know. I think they measure per minute. Agree, 650 is not a bad deal if you use it, but for maybe an hours use per month which is all I'd need it a 10 hours package is plenty. I'd just like to be able to count the online time used, that's all.