World Cup 2010 - F I N A L --- Holland - Spain

LaoPo

WORLD CUP 2010 SOUTH AFRICA  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

World Cup 2010 - F I N A L --- Holland - Spain

It will be an exciting match on Sunday, July 11th 20.30PM SA time --- Thai time: 01.30AM Monday July 12th

Who will win ?

NOTE: No more votes after 22.00PM South African time which is the same time as MADRID AND AMSTERDAM;

THAI TIME will be 03.00AM Monday July 12th.

I hope it will be an exciting match and that the best team may win.

LaoPo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been saying that Spain will win the WC in all the previous threads and I give my vote to them now too.

Against Germany they have kept the ball the whole match, the Germans could not play football but only run and run behind the ball like dogs.

I hope to see a good final as last night match was a bit boring.

I've gone for Spain but there's not much between the two teams.

I don't agree that last night's match was boring, the Spanish passing and movement is a joy to watch, I just wished that my team played like that. The Germans defended too deep for too long.

The one factor that could swing this in favour of Spain is I think the Dutch goalkeeper is the weak link in their side.

The final could be an open and entertaining classic or it could end up a chess match affair.

I am hoping for the former.

In an attempt to get it wrong for the 3rd time in a row I am going for Spain. I also did not think the game last night was boring. It was a game that would have benefitted from an early goal, but it was always gripping. :huh:

Spain...............But could be an all time classic match

This world cup has had the worst games of any WC in my memory, and neither team has really been entertaining this far ... but you maybe right!

Edited by hansum

Some interesting details about the match for the WORL CUP 2010 on Sunday between

HOLLAND - SPAIN

* SPAIN is favorite for the World Cup Title with Ladbrokes Betting with 11/10

* HOLLAND won all matches during this WC; they also didn't lose a single International match, the past 25 matches

* SPAIN lost the first WC match on June 16th from Switzerland with 1:0

* HOLLAND scored 12 goals with 5 goals against them

* SPAIN scored 7 goals with just 2 goals against them

* HOLLAND's Wesley Seijder is topscorer at the WC with 5 goals, together with

* SPAIN's David Villa, also with 5 goals

* HOLLAND has more players, able to score; 7 goals were scored by other players, other than Wesley Sneijder (5); Robben made 2. Five other players also made the remaining 5 goals;

Everage 2 goals per match

* SPAIN is limited with it's goal scoring players; just 2 goals other than from David Villa's 5 goals; last goal was a rare goal by Barcelona defender Carles Puyol against Germany.

Puyol is a friend of Gio van Bronckhorst; the Dutch player who scored the beautiful and amazing opening goal against Uruguay.

Everage 1:17 goal per match

* HOLLAND played 2 times in the WC final: 1974 against Germany and 1978 against Argentina; third time against SPAIN

* SPAIN never reached the final of a WC; highest place was #4; 2010 against HOLLAND

HOLLAND & SPAIN met each other 9 times since 1920; last time was in 2002; both won 4 games and 1 equal.

2 matches were qualifying matches for the Europa cup of which both won 1 match.

It will be a thriller match. :rolleyes:

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

HOLLAND - SPAIN

Good to learn the match will have a top Referee: HOWARD WEBB of England.

Howard Webb was also in charge of the FINAL of the UEFA Champions League 2009/2010 season between Inter Milan and Bayern Munchen.

Inter Milan (Internatiozionale) won with 2:0 over Bayern Munchen.

post-13995-061287400 1278629856_thumb.jp Howard Webb

http://www.fifa.com/...9733/index.html

LaoPo

Football hoping for fabulous finish

July 10 - 2010

The shadow of Johan Cruyff will loom large over the 19thFIFA World Cup™ Final on Sunday. The 11 men chosen to represent the Netherlands will take to the pitch as heirs of the team synonymous with 'Total Football', aiming to achieve what Cruyff and Co never quite managed. On the opposing side, seven of Spain's probable line-up play their domestic football with Catalan giants Barcelona, the club where the legendary Dutchman cemented his reputation as player and coach.

Not since 1978, when Argentina faced the Netherlands, have two nations competed for a maiden world title. The Oranje are yet to put a foot wrong in their quest, winning all eight of their qualifying matches and boasting an impressive record of six victories out of six in South Africa. A successful outcome in the third Final of their history would see them join the mighty 1970 Brazil side as the only other team to have won all of their games on the way to claiming the world title.

continues here, from FIFA:

http://www.fifa.com/...fabulous+finish

LaoPo

howard webb is an appalling referee and i sincerely hope he doesn't ruin the world cup final.

Come on stevie. English refs are very proffessional and get paid very high salaries. It's not as if they would ever give a player 3 yellow cards is it :lol:

And I voted for Spain at the very sart of the World Cup, so I'll have to stick with that now. However, I'm not really ar5ed who wins, they are both good side and I've no axe to grind with either.

howard webb is an appalling referee and i sincerely hope he doesn't ruin the world cup final.

Come on stevie. English refs are very proffessional and get paid very high salaries. It's not as if they would ever give a player 3 yellow cards is it :lol:

And I voted for Spain at the very sart of the World Cup, so I'll have to stick with that now. However, I'm not really ar5ed who wins, they are both good side and I've no axe to grind with either.

webb used to be good. past couple of seasons he's become a hollywood ref who seems to need to make every game about him.

I'm curious to hear why you say so; care to tell ?

I watched a long, very intense, documentary, just a week ago where Howard Webb was kind of the center piece.

They also filmed his family, wife, father, father-in-law, children etc. and I have to say that to me he appeared to be a qualified and good Referee.

I don't know anything about his appearances in England though but during that tournament he was doing quite well.

Also, it was very interesting to learn how the Referee committee went along with the various decisions, made by the referees during (International) games.

They discuss every single situation (after the match of course) and explain what went good and also what went wrong and they do not hesitate to withdraw certain Referee teams if they are not satisfied.

If that is the same in SA...? I have no idea but I expect that the same procedures are followed there as well.

I think Howard Webb is a fair man.

LaoPo

I'm curious to hear why you say so; care to tell ?

I watched a long, very intense, documentary, just a week ago where Howard Webb was kind of the center piece.

They also filmed his family, wife, father, father-in-law, children etc. and I have to say that to me he appeared to be a qualified and good Referee.

I don't know anything about his appearances in England though but during that tournament he was doing quite well.

Also, it was very interesting to learn how the Referee committee went along with the various decisions, made by the referees during (International) games.

They discuss every single situation (after the match of course) and explain what went good and also what went wrong and they do not hesitate to withdraw certain Referee teams if they are not satisfied.

If that is the same in SA...? I have no idea but I expect that the same procedures are followed there as well.

I think Howard Webb is a fair man.

LaoPo

like i say, he used to be a really good referee, a few seasons ago he was the premier league's best, then he got carried away with his own reputation. over the past two premier league seasons he has made some appalling, glaring errors which were more about him being the centre of attention in the game than they were about him making a tough call.

i think he's frankly too lenient too. watch tonight to see when he hands out his first yellow card never mind what the tackling is like. van bommel will probably boot the fuc_k out of iniesta and not get carded for it. also, ask barcelona fans about a champions league match involving bayern munich where lionel messi was absolutely poleaxed by a van bommel elbow, to not even a booking, never mind a red card. webb was the referee that day too. i really really don't want tonight's match to be decided by inept refereeing but i have a fear it might.

He has been on every news show on TV and certainly doesnt shy from the media .. but English referees have always had arguably the best reputation worldwide.

don't think that's necessarily true at all. german referees are known as being very consistent as are most scandinavian ones. until calciopoli italians were probably rated the best in the game. pierluigi collina is still head and shoulders away the best ref to ever take charge of a match. uefa should have cloned him.

He has been on every news show on TV and certainly doesnt shy from the media .. but English referees have always had arguably the best reputation worldwide.

don't think that's necessarily true at all. german referees are known as being very consistent as are most scandinavian ones. until calciopoli italians were probably rated the best in the game. pierluigi collina is still head and shoulders away the best ref to ever take charge of a match. uefa should have cloned him.

Us English have a sense of fairplay none of those countries have .... youve only got to look at boxing matches staged in these countries to accept this .... I'll take Italians and Germans have decent referees but all Scandanavia referees have minimal big game experience and several have been involved in seriously bad decisions involving England and some of our club teams over recent years.

Besides he must have been consistent and avoided major bad decisions in this tournament which have been prevelant.

Edited by hansum

don't think that's necessarily true at all. german referees are known as being very consistent as are most scandinavian ones. until calciopoli italians were probably rated the best in the game.

pierluigi collina is still head and shoulders away the best ref to ever take charge of a match. uefa should have cloned him.

Pierluigi Collina will be the head of UEFA:

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_pierluigi-collina-takes-on-uefa-role-backs-extra-assistants_1405252

He was one heck of a referee indeed

LaoPo

<div><br><b>Us English have a sense of fairplay none of those countries have</b> .... youve only got to look at boxing matches staged in these countries to accept this .... I'll take Italians and Germans have decent referees but all Scandanavia referees have minimal big game experience and several have been involved in seriously bad decisions involving England and some  of our club teams over recent years.<br><br>Besides he must have been consistent and avoided major bad decisions in this tournament which have been prevelant.<br>
<br><br>sorry, i'm not sure what you mean by the bolded but it sounds like generalised nonsense. referees from europe today are used to refereeing big games in the champions league on a regular basis, so that's not a reason for picking english refs over them.

</div><div><br></div><div>howard webb missed a nailed on penalty to spain against switzerland in the first match by the way. another reason the spanish don't trust him.<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"><br></span></div>