World Cup 2010 - F I N A L --- Holland - Spain

LaoPo

WORLD CUP 2010 SOUTH AFRICA  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More coverage on just how amazingly BORING was the final match! Quite funny actually.

http://www.slate.com/id/2260208/

Not-So-Beautiful Game

Spain's win over the Netherlands brings a fantastic World Cup to a hacking, plodding end.

... World Cup finals seldom make great games, but this one transcended mere nongreatness. It was a kind of perfect storm of undesirable match traits—a lurching, diving example of the elements that can conspire to make a soccer game boring.

They're (Spain) only the third team ever to hold the European title and the World Cup simultaneously, and they've dominated world soccer for so long that this victory feels like a culmination, even if it came after a soggy performance in a historically terrible game.

Edited by Jingthing

Holland should go down in history for kicking anything but the ball, they deserved to lose IMO for being such dirty fec*ers.

No wonder people call em cloggies.

I blame them mostly for the boring game but I don't blame them for trying to win. Clearly what they did was a conscious strategy and it almost worked. Without the very late goal, it would have been shootout time and either side could have won that.

In some ways, Germany-Spain was the real final, in that they were the two best teams this time.

Edited by Jingthing

I am just glad it is all over and Jockstar can close about 40 threads on the subject. Congrats to Spain by the way.

De Jong said he was sideways-on and didn't see Alonso. I'm in my forties and can still at least pull out partially from a collision such as the De Jong/Alonso one. Pathetic excuse from the Dutchman.

The hero of the world cup has to be.......Paul the Octopus.

(OK as well as Spain's Iniesta)

Paul is officially retiring from the oracle business, his owners say.

They say that he is going back to his old job of "making children laugh"!

Fair play Paul and thanks for your insight, we will miss you!

Pathetic Holland, again ( ! ) stupid referee, headless Spain...

The better team become 3 rd.

There wasn't one yellow card that wasn't warranted in the present day 'interpretation' of the rules.I didn't see the red card incident in extra time as I was desperate to avoid another 30 mins. of tedium.Total football? More like total boredom.Sam Alladyce would have been have admired Holland's tactics.

Oh <deleted>..... You just fell asleep didn't you?

Are you blind or just thick? In my post I said that 'I was desperate to avoid ANOTHER 30 mins of tedium,'thereby implying that I had already suffered 90 mins. of torture. Throughout the game,the Dutch goalkeeper's main aim was to hoof the ball as far away from his goal as possible.Why?Because if he rolled the ball out to one of his defenders,he was terrified that they would be robbed by one of the lurking Spanish forwards.He set the tone of the game from the start.

The hero of the world cup has to be.......Paul the Octopus.

(OK as well as Spain's Iniesta)

Paul is officially retiring from the oracle business, his owners say.

They say that he is going back to his old job of "making children laugh"!

Fair play Paul and thanks for your insight, we will miss you!

Smart for Paul to quit while he is ahead.

This is HOW more than 700.000 people celebrated and welcomed the Dutch Vice-Worldchampions in Amsterdam* during a Canal Tour on Tuesday July 12 - 2010:

Amsterdam, the capital, has a population of a mere 750,000 in a country of less than 16,8 million people.

World Cup 2010: Dutch fans celebrate Netherlands (Holland) 2nd place with canal tour in Amsterdam

And, earlier on the day, the team was welcomed by the PM and later HM The Queen, Beatrix in her working Palace in The Hague:

HUP HOLLAND HUP :lol:

LaoPo