Double Entry Tourist Visa Extension

I have a friend on a double entry tourist visa and she has used her first 60 days, and now in the middle of her 2nd 60 day visa. I understand she can extend this at immigrations descretion for 30 days. My question is can she gain a visa on arrival 30 day stamp by leaving and re-entering Thailand, or is the only way she can extend with the immigration office in Thailand? If immigration grant the 30 day extension, does it start from the day she applies, or from the day her double entry expires? any help appreciated. cheers :lol:

She can only extend it at an immigration office and paying 1,900 baht. The extension starts from the date the current permission to stay ends.

If she leaves the country and returns she will get 15 days if she returns at a land border and 30 days if she returns to Thailand by air.

cheaper to do at immigration at 1,900 baht, than it is to do a air border run for a 30 day visa exempt entry. if she is staying longer than 30days would be better to do a double entry tourist visa run. But it all depends on how long exactly she intends staying in Thailand.

Thanks for the help Steve and Mario. She's doing a Laos to Thailand land crossing, so will get 15 day visa on re-entry.

Does any one know whether the maximum 90 days in 6 months rule,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, affected by the double entry tourist visa preceeding it?:huh:

Thanks for the help Steve and Mario. She's doing a Laos to Thailand land crossing, so will get 15 day visa on re-entry.

Does any one know whether the maximum 90 days in 6 months rule,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, affected by the double entry tourist visa preceeding it?:huh:

When they changed the rules last time I believe that went away.