90 Day Reporting By Mail

(I've tried using the search option but with not much luck)

Couple of questions:

1. If I want to do 90 day reporting by mail (away from place of residence for a couple of weeks)what documents do I need to EMS to my Immigration office?

Presumably they won't expect me to include my passport - but who knows?

2. Is the "only to report to your designated immigration office" law still being enforced?

Asking 'cos I will need to do this soon.

I was in the local office and asked about it. First answer was to get my girlfriend to pop-in and do it for me.

But don't they need my passport with the TM47 for that?

When I pointed this out the next idea the officer suggested was to do it at the office where I will be staying.

Hence my question if this stupid law is still being enforced.

Twice last year I did 90 day reporting at another office, and twice they accepted the request.

Then I did then next one at my local office and there were no questions asked.

From Immigration website Here

# Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

# Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back)

# Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

# Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47

# Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

# The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days .

Note. 10 Baht stamp needed for the return.

# Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

# Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

# The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Fancy me not even thinking about the Immigr. website - Doh!

Thanks Lite Beer.

Any comments regarding the latest on reporting at another office would be welcome - especially ask the Immigr. staff suggested to me to go down that route!

I was just looking at the immigration website list for documents needed.

At the bottom it says mail the documents to Chaengwattana.

Is this up to date? I keep hearing I can only do it at my "local" office.

Or is the BKK address the only one I must use for postal registration and not my local office?

Cheers,

I was just looking at the immigration website list for documents needed.

At the bottom it says mail the documents to Chaengwattana.

Is this up to date? I keep hearing I can only do it at my "local" office.

Or is the BKK address the only one I must use for postal registration and not my local office?

Cheers,

Post to your local office.

It would be the same office that you got your extension from.

Not wishing to be awkward (as Jomtien is not my local office), but what do Pattaya & Jomtien residents do if they're out of the area when their 90 day reporting is due?

Pontous said they will not accept postal reporting?

So, in case of moving from Pattaya to, say, Nong Kai, I would be required to travel to Pattaya three times, until I can apply for new extension? Paying the fine would be not only more convenient, but also cheaper ...

By law you must report your new address to the local immigration office immediately so that would take care of it and you would be considered a local resident having done so. But the catch 22 is that this is not an actively enforced law so many offices will just tell you to forget it. But expect if you explain the 90 day reporting requirement and not being able to do at old location they might allow. Some people have advised they were allowed to report at other offices and some offices are telling people to report where they are on vacation so it seems to be in flux currently. It really should be allowed anywhere as people are not static and that is the whole purpose of the drill (to have current information).

Post #5 says one has to sign all passport page copies. I have mailed several times and never signed my p/p pages. This has always been accepted in Bangkok.

Is signing each page a new requirement or one more thing that is stated in the regulations and not enforced?

Not wishing to be awkward (as Jomtien is not my local office), but what do Pattaya & Jomtien residents do if they're out of the area when their 90 day reporting is due?

Pontous said they will not accept postal reporting?

I will be in South Thailand for my 90 day report. (all the 14 day window)

I saw Jomtien Immigration on Friday.

They advised:

1. Report to the local office down South.

2. We can do your report early. I was 11 days before report date.

I chose number 2 so they are flexible if you have a valid reason.

Edited by pontious

"

# Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)"

They want copies of ALL pages in your passport???? I understand the pertinent pages including the latest arrival stamp but I have about 30 pages of usage in my passport over the past six or seven years.

Can someone clarify please? Thanks.

Hi. I sent my 90-day off, via mail, about 2 weeks ago buy I am yet to get it back. On Friday it will be 6 days after the reporting due date, so I it has not arrived by then I guess I will have to go to Chang Wattanna. Just wondering, does anyone know of a number you can ring to check onthe progress of it. Immigration is quite far away for me and I really don't Wang to go if if is in transit. I have always done it by post before, but it has always come back promptly.

Thanks if anyone can help!