Suzuki Hayate 125 Fi

The official Thai Suzuki website states the Hayate is Fi, www.thaisuzuki.co.th/thai/product_fashion_spec.php?pro_id=70

I've been to many dealers around Pattaya including Mityon South Rd but every one says it only comes as carbie (Baht 49k with alloys). So has anyone sighted the DCP-Fi version yet and know what the price is? Also a test report would be nice thanks! :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least one of the larger dealers here in Chiang Mai does not have it, nor its brochure. And while they acknowledge its existence for sometime in the future, they don't know the prices. (Neither, apparently, does Richard BKK?)

It appears from Suzuki's site that the 2010 model weighs very slightly more, has had the compression advanced from 9.6 to 9.8, and accepts E-20 gasahol now. But in all other dimensions, including 16" tires, it seems the same.

Edited by CMX

No brochures in all the places i went to either, not even for the carbie version. I've emailed the sales department, but not holding my breath! I'll print out the spec sheet from the Suzuki website and take it down to the local dealer. As it has the model number on it they may even ring someone to find out. :rolleyes:

Yes the specs show the Hayate Fi to be carrying about 4 more kgs than the Yamaha Elegance. Is it due to a heavier frame (the Elegance is water cooled so i would have though that would add more weight) or is Suzuki being more honest with their specs!?

I observe that another site (where Bangkok asking prices for motorcycles are usually listed and motorcycles in Thailand are discussed) puts the 2010 Hayate-i at 49,500 and 52,000, the latter for alloy wheels. Still don't know about tires, tubeless or not. Like earlier poster, I guess that it is still air cooled.

I printed out the specs and went to my local dealer this arvo. They said they can get it! Suspicious, i kept asking 'Fi'. Answer always yes. Price was 49k which made me more suspicious (richard's site says 50.5k for the Fi). I asked when they can deliver, answer; 1 hour. What colour do you want! Even more suspicious now! Luckily the woman had the price list in front of me and i could see the model number was not right (had F, G at end instead of I). I pointed that out and she showed me something that was written in Thai next to it and said fuel injection. Eventually it dawned on her (after several more times of me saying it wasn't the Fi model) so she rang someone. A little embarrassed she said can get one in 3 months!!!

I have to give my borrowed Nuovo back, so now my choice is buy the Wave 110i AT or rent for another month or so and hope my other bike gets finished so that i can see what comes out in 3 or 4 months. Maybe the Elegance might have Fi by then!

Just noticed that the photos on the Thai Suzuki website of the Hayate 2010 (Fi) seem to be the same photos as in the Hayate 2009 (carbie) section, There were 5 colours available in 2009 and only 2 for the Fi. Maybe the Fi might come with a different colour scheme than the ones shown.

The quest continues today to see if i can buy one!!!!

Just noticed that the photos on the Thai Suzuki website of the Hayate 2010 (Fi) seem to be the same photos as in the Hayate 2009 (carbie) section, There were 5 colours available in 2009 and only 2 for the Fi. Maybe the Fi might come with a different colour scheme than the ones shown.

The quest continues today to see if i can buy one!!!!

Appears you have a dealer somewhere near you? just a question is the Hayate bigger in size than the Nouve ? Never seen a Hayate.

Last week did see a Suzuki Sky Drive 125 parked next to a Yamaha Nouve in Tesco Express car park, the Sky Drive was bigger,

Both the Sky Drive and Hayate appear to be about the same price, so wondered what the difference is? No one local appears to stock Suzuki, OK should drive the 35km to Suzuki Showroom but if the new Fi is not in a showroom yet seams a bit pointless.

At this moment I am down to the Honda 125 PCX or the Tiger TMax, but both around 70,000 is a lot of money for a bike to just pop to the local shop or Market. Thanks

Edited by ignis

According to specs the Nuovo Elegance and Hayate are about the same size, while the Skydrive is a little smaller.

Elegance 678 x 1950 x 1057 (mm Width x Length x Height)

Hayate . 670 x 1935 x 1070

Skydrive 655 x 1885 x 1040

I know the wheelbase of the Elegance is 1290mm but not sure of the Suzukis

The main difference between the Skydrive and Hayate is the Skydrive is 14" wheels, not as much under seat storage, has one rear shock and i'm guessing a shorter wheelbase. The Hayate seems to have 0.2 more compression!

Prices at the moment for the Suzuki seem uncertain but it seems the Hayate Fi is 52k, Hayate Carb 49k, Skydrive Fi 49k (all with the alloy wheel option) The Elegance is 55k but not Fi. A few people seem to think the Yamie will have better resale but as i intend to keep it for several years so that is not an issue for me.

As for dedicated Suzuki dealers in Pattaya, i haven't been able to find one. Most of the dealers in Thailand seem to be able to order any brand of bike! I went into my (previously local) friendly Honda dealer, who over the last 2 years i've never seen them with any bike on the sales floor except Honda, and was looking at the Wave 110i AT. I said maybe i might get an Elegance and 1 minute later they came back with a price the same as a Yamie dealer. I now live 20 minutes away from there but i might try to see if they can get the Hayate Fi for me. Most places don't seem to have a Hayate on the floor (they won't have the Fi for sure) but just drive around all the little dealers and you might get lucky in seeing a carbie version.

Edited by taichiplanet

According to specs the Nuovo Elegance and Hayate are about the same size, while the Skydrive is a little smaller.

Elegance 678 x 1950 x 1057 (mm Width x Length x Height)

Hayate . 670 x 1935 x 1070

Skydrive 655 x 1885 x 1040

I know the wheelbase of the Elegance is 1290mm but not sure of the Suzukis

The main difference between the Skydrive and Hayate is the Skydrive is 14" wheels, not as much under seat storage, has one rear shock and i'm guessing a shorter wheelbase. The Hayate seems to have 0.2 more compression!

Prices at the moment for the Suzuki seem uncertain but it seems the Hayate Fi is 52k, Hayate Carb 49k, Skydrive Fi 49k (all with the alloy wheel option) The Elegance is 55k but not Fi. A few people seem to think the Yamie will have better resale but as i intend to keep it for several years so that is not an issue for me.

As for dedicated Suzuki dealers in Pattaya, i haven't been able to find one. Most of the dealers in Thailand seem to be able to order any brand of bike! I went into my (previously local) friendly Honda dealer, who over the last 2 years i've never seen them with any bike on the sales floor except Honda, and was looking at the Wave 110i AT. I said maybe i might get an Elegance and 1 minute later they came back with a price the same as a Yamie dealer. I now live 20 minutes away from there but i might try to see if they can get the Hayate Fi for me. Most places don't seem to have a Hayate on the floor (they won't have the Fi for sure) but just drive around all the little dealers and you might get lucky in seeing a carbie version.

Many Thanks... Not sure about the Elegance, but a a small place near me they had the Nouvo, I just did not fit. 6'4 the main problem is feet, size 14, or here 48... The Skydrive looked bigger space for my feet, from your info the Hayate is 13 cm higher so maybe OK, of course would not order one without first checking.

Years ago i walked into a shoe shop in China, the woman looked down at my feet and exclaimed "He has feet the size of ships!" I'm only a size 44 so your feet must be ocean-liners or supertankers! :giggle:

Tomorrow i'll try to drop into a dealer i know that has the Elegance and Hayate (carb version) and measure up the running boards for you (and try to order the Fi!!!). The Fi version could be slightly different of course. Obviously you'll need to try one eventually but it might give you an idea.

I think it was richard-bkk that said that Honda were gonna bring out a less spec version of the PCX (no auto shut down) to drop the price. As with anything i won't believe it til i see it; particularly with Honda Thailand.

Years ago i walked into a shoe shop in China, the woman looked down at my feet and exclaimed "He has feet the size of ships!" I'm only a size 44 so your feet must be ocean-liners or supertankers! :giggle:

Tomorrow i'll try to drop into a dealer i know that has the Elegance and Hayate (carb version) and measure up the running boards for you (and try to order the Fi!!!). The Fi version could be slightly different of course. Obviously you'll need to try one eventually but it might give you an idea.

I think it was richard-bkk that said that Honda were gonna bring out a less spec version of the PCX (no auto shut down) to drop the price. As with anything i won't believe it til i see it; particularly with Honda Thailand.

Again many thanks

Yes the sales lady at Honda said there would be a cheaper PCX model soon, that was 2 months ago, but then she also said Honda had the 250 VTR in the main showrooms.. No one has seen one [not interested myself]

As for dedicated Suzuki dealers in Pattaya, i haven't been able to find one.

If you're in Pattaya, there is a Suzuki/Honda Dealer on Sukhumvit road.

They have two different showrooms, one for Honda and one for Suzuki (and some other brands as well).

Going north from Pattaya Thai intersection it'll be on the left side just after soi Batman.

Additionally Mityon, intersection Pattaya Thai and 3rd road usually have a lot of Suzuki bikes.

When we picked up a Suzuki Hayate about a year ago, we got a slightly better price on Sukhumvit then at Mityon.

Thanks for the info MTH. I went to Mityon South last week and they had all the Suzukis but at that stage didn't known about the Hayate Fi version. I reckon they know about it now. Luckily near me is a Suzuki dealer (last week they too didn't know about the Fi version).

This morning i went with the intention of buying the Hayate Fi. The problem is the demand seems to be great and the dealers haven't pre-booked stock. The sales woman rang the head office. My thai is not very good but basically i think she said they could not guarantee a delivery date; it could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months. Mityon Bkk don't have any stock. I suppose in a month or so it will settle down and supplies will be a bit more predictable.

The Hayate fitted my criteria better but i cannot wait, so i ordered a Wave 110i AT and pick it up tomorrow. So now i need to find a set of alloy wheels and make a cloth saddle bag!

Ignis, compared to the old Nuovo MX i am driving, the carbie version of the Hayate has about 4cm (1 1/2") more 'usable' length in the running boards. It measured about 38cm, but you'll just have to wait for the Fi version to see if it is a better fit. I didn't measure it but the width looked slightly bigger too.

Ignis, compared to the old Nuovo MX i am driving, the carbie version of the Hayate has about 4cm (1 1/2") more 'usable' length in the running boards. It measured about 38cm, but you'll just have to wait for the Fi version to see if it is a better fit. I didn't measure it but the width looked slightly bigger too.

Many thanks, went into a different dealer yesterday, he did have a couple of Suzuki's but not the Hayate or the F1, he said next week..

Many thanks, went into a different dealer yesterday, he did have a couple of Suzuki's but not the Hayate or the F1, he said next week..

Any news yet on where I can find the real thing in BKK? I was hoping to go and have a look tomorrow and possible kill too birds with one stone and pop in to see the Tiger G-Max up Paholyothin way.

Dropped into a dealer today and asked about the Fi, at least they all know about it now. I asked how long for delivery and she said 1 week, but she took too long to answer the question so i know she is b-s-ing. Haven't sighted one or heard of anyone that has seen one yet. Who's gonna be the first kid on the block with one?!

Edited by taichiplanet

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone test ridden one of these yet or even bought one. Finally, I will be buying a bike for my son tomorrow (although I will also use it) and have narrowed the choice down to a Hayate or an Elegance. We just can't make up our minds. We have seen the specs for both and they are pretty similar apart from the Elegance still stuck with a carb, but with an extra 10cc or so. Any last minute opinions. My only real concern with the Suzuki is parts, i.e. are they as easy to get hold of as those for Yamaha. Resale price is not an issue.

PS we already considered the PCX and felt that the extras you get were not really worth the hefty difference in price.

GaryP

I read on another thread that you bought the Hayate and are to get it on a Saturday.

I wonder if you were able to get the Fi model and if so - if you don't mind - what it will cost and what is to be included, if anything (such as registration, license, basic insurance, or training wheels). B)

(I hope to find your first impressions as time allows, particularly if the Fi.)

Thanks,

Edited by CMX

GaryP

I read on another thread that you bought the Hayate and are to get it on a Saturday.

I wonder if you were able to get the Fi model and if so - if you don't mind - what it will cost and what is to be included, if anything (such as registration, license, basic insurance, or training wheels). B)

(I hope to find your first impressions as time allows, particularly if the Fi.)

Thanks,

I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow, the Fi model. I saw the letter from Suzuki to the dealer quoting the price for this model with and without mag wheels. I forget the price without but it was under 50k.

With mag wheels exactly 52k

Reg. 1k

insurance 2.5k

It will take 10 days for the registration to come through.

The dealer is throwing in a skid lid and a jacket. He claimed that the crash helmet is very good quality. I will believe it when I see it. I mention this because after putting down the deposit, I told him I was going to buy a good helmet and he said not to bother as the one he would give me is of good quality. I was also worried about fit but he said he had a number of different sizes. Actually the bike and helmet is for my son but I will also be using it. He can't argue either because I'm paying. :lol:

GarryP,

Thanks!

Seems that you got theft with the insurance, multiple years, or a terrific price on Class III. Better yet, to me, that 52 is fine for that bike improved bike and wheels, and I could have gone for it too, but....

Rats. I just yesterday had a top box installed on the old MX (my just for shopping town bike). That after a visit to three Suzuki sellers here in CM and seeing NO Hayate again and getting no reliable news from sales.

Best of luck on the pickup (and rain) tomorrow,

Edited by CMX

Two years with theft coverage. To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the going rates are. He just asked if I wanted theft coverage as well and I said yes and took what was offered.

Picked up the bike on Saturday. I haven't ridden it yet but my son has been trying it out. Will pick up the registration on 15 Sept.

The crash helmet was a perfect fit for me but much too small for my son. An Index with Suzuki artwork. We went to the Real helmet dealer at Kluay Nam Thai intersection but they had no full faced helmets which fit my son so bought a stop gap thing. The funny thing is that I always thought my head was bigger than my son's. No helmets marked as XL would fit on his bonce without nearly ripping his ears off.

Noticed that they had a Tiger Bulldog in the back of the bike dealers shop. Man with the dual suspension on that, two rear shocks on either side, it would be ideal for people how are a bit on the large side. :)

I have just noticed that when we turn on the ignition there is a buzzing sound coming from somewhere near the battery. The FI light flashes for a couple of seconds and then goes out and the noise stops. Is this normal or not? My son's first bike and my first one in over 20 years so we are newbies so to speak.