What's Better: Internet Banking Scb Or Bkk Bank ?

from topics in the past I learned that the best option to open an account with just a non-immi-B Visa but no work permit yet is SCB or BKK Bank. Which one is more convenient when it comes to online Banking ? I need to do some transaction on a regular basis and really want to do that online.... any experiences to share ?

and which branches of both Banks are 100% willing to open an account for an Alien with a non-immi-B Visa but no work permit ? can u mention those specific ones where you easily got what you wanted ?

No experience with SCB but have been using Bangkok Bank iBanking for a few years now and it is excellant. Before I had to go to this place then that then.... Now I get a bill and a few minutes at the computer it is paid. These are the requirements for BB:

3) Prepare documents

Along with your application form you will need to take the following documents with you to the Bank:

Passbook(s)

Citizen ID card or

13-digit government photo ID card

Valid Passport (foreigners only)

Valid Work Permit or Certificate of Residence (foreigners only)

* Only foreign nationals with a resident Baht account holding a non-immigrant visa along with a valid work permit or certificate of residence are eligible to apply for Bualuang iBanking.

I moved from BKK Bank to SCB because I couldn't get them to let me use online banking and I thought their staff not very polite.

I only showed my passport to open my savings accounts with SCB. Local branches have all the necessary paperwork to get you online and if you have any trouble, they have an excellent call center where English is spoken well to take you over any bumps, whethr it be with internet banking or wire transfer or the like.

SCB online banking only involvesbill pay to their recognized vendors and inter-bank transfers, although there is a tab for international money transfers I haven't used.

sorry there is no fixed rule which branch will let you have internet banking, it depends on the whim of the staff

I got my account at Bangkok Bank Emporium branch. They asked for work permit, but after all non-imm visa was good enough. I applied for internet banking at Nana branch, they asked for work permit but non-imm visa was good enough.

When I opened my second account at Emporium, they were surprised that somebody had given me internet banking. But as I had it already, they gave me internet banking for the second account too.

I don't know much about SCB except that their call center doesn't speak English after 6 pm and their cheapest ATM card costs 300 B, a rip off. But they have a very good reputation.

Oh, and Bangkok Bank staff is rude, I can confirm this.

I would agree with the general comments about BKK Bank - I have banked with them for years but am just moving all my company and personal accounts to SCB who have branches & atms popping up everywhere and a very good attitude to new business. If I held BKK bank stock, I would be very concerned.....

I have one more question about the SAVINGS account (i only can have a savings account at this time): did they ask about a certificate of residency from the immigration authorities ? Or will just a 1-year-multiple-entry-non-IMMI-B Visa do ?

I have one more question about the SAVINGS account (i only can have a savings account at this time): did they ask about a certificate of residency from the immigration authorities ? Or will just a 1-year-multiple-entry-non-IMMI-B Visa do ?

they never asked me for a certificate of residency (what is this anyway?). And I have just the same visa as you. But as I said, it depends on the mood of the staff