Malibu.Back To Soi Post Office

HelloAgainItsME

Mods.There is another thread about the newly located Malibu show but few contributors have actually been to see the new show. This is a little background from a fan and an opportunity to discuss the new approach.

The Malibu Show with Tina and Company for many years was called 'The Best Free Show in Town'

Most people loved its quirky, humorous and varied presentations including outlandish costumes and spectacular Thai themed numbers. It was a place you could take children, mothers, girlfriends,boyfriends,visitors,missionaries,.maiden aunts; in fact just about everyone found something to enjoy in its shows. It was never rude nor offensive.

The venue was dilapidated and run down but the drinks and food were well priced and cheap considering the quality of the show. It was good fun. Sanook.

As many people know and regret, it moved to a new venue near Soi 10 further north on Second Road.

Much of the old appeal was lost. Much higher prices, a smaller in your face style of show. It was good of its kind but did not have mass appeal. Empty seats were common.

Now, after the demise of the Bamboo music beer bar/lounge. Malibu is back in its redeveloped spiritual home.

Tina and the cast have moved back to the tried and tested style with lots of humour plus great dance numbers which include sweet girls and a male dancer. New numbers combined with a larger performance space allow for new routines. The sound system is now state of the art and complements the action perfectly.

The left hand side of the stage is a smokers area and the new seats and tables are much more comfortable than the old set up.

I think that Malibu is on its way back to being a 'must see' again. The show will no doubt evolve as more performers can be afforded. I feel that its going to be even better than before..

I write as a fan and happy customer I have no connection or inside knowledge,

One suggestion I would offer is that passers by often assume that its a show bar and that there will be high prices and possibly a cover charge. Put a large easy to see sign that simply says Bottled Beer from 80 baht No service/cover charges. This will increase the business. Prices are once again very reasonable.

Lets hope we will soon hear expats telling their visitors,'Its the best free show in town'.