Tourist Visa Questions

Hello all, Your assistance will be grealty appreciated!

I arrived Thailand with a single entry toursit visa which gave me 60 days. I extended it for another 30 days and was told by immigration I could extend it again for a further 7 days if I wish.

My first question is this: If I cross a land border on the 90th day, will I be able to re-enter with 15 days visa free stamp? What about if I fly to KL and back, will I be given 30 days visa free?

Second question: If i leave Thailand can I obtain another tourist visa within a six month period?

Third: Is the rule about only staying 90 days every 6 months, valid only on a visa free stamp?

I hope my questions make sense. THANKS!

All the best

LB, thank you.

Regarding the 90 day rule - last year I arrived BKK (without visa) and the immigration office counted the number of days in the 6 month period, and only granted me 20 days. It seems the rule is still in force, but does it apply to a visa situation or only the visa free entry program?

Cheers

The rule is not in force and never applied to anything but visa exempt entry. When the 15 day entry by land regulation took effect in December 2008 the old day count should have been stopped (and was in other report we have). You must have encountered someone out of the loop or it was longer back than you recall. What airport entry and date was it?

I'd like to add another question to this thread.

I have a 60-day tourist visa good for three entries. First entry was may 29th and I have yet to leave. The visa needs to be extended by the end of July and "used" by the end of August (90 days from the issue date).

My question is (and I have heard conflicting reports)... if I leave the country, in this case a business trip to Singapore in a couple weeks, when I come back through Suvarnibhumi, will I be granted another 60 days (+30 extension option) since I have a multi-entry tourist visa? Or will I get the "standard" 30 days that US citizens get for the transit visa?

Thanks!

If you have a three visit tourist visa, you have to make the last entry into Thailand before the expiry/use by date which is shown on the visa,All entries into Thailand using that visa number on your tm6 immigration entry form will give you a 6o days permitted to stay stamp,which can be extended by 30 days at immigration for 1.900 baht.

If you have a three visit tourist visa, you have to make the last entry into Thailand before the expiry/use by date which is shown on the visa,All entries into Thailand using that visa number on your tm6 immigration entry form will give you a 6o days permitted to stay stamp,which can be extended by 30 days at immigration for 1.900 baht.

Yes you will get 60 days and option to extend for 30. Be sure to enter visa information on arrival card.

Just to be sure here... the validity of my visa extends through August 25th, meaning that at the absolute maximum, I can stay on this visa until the end of November? Again, many thanks.