Google Earth Has Just Updated Its Images

Lizard2010

Just checked on my placemarks in CR. Nothing seems to have changed.

I`m using the free service. Maybe the subscription service has updated images

C35B.

Hi.!

I just chekket mine and I think everything, is ok. fine pitures and everything,down to street level.

And I have done nothing,to change.

Brian.

GE sometimes adds a bit here or there to their coverage. Those will be new images but the old stuff lingers on until they cover more of the area. At least that seems to be the case many of the outlying areas of the Rai. A couple of years ago they added a strip near our village but stopped just short of our house. I'm not complaining, though. ;)

If you go back and reread the the original info the updates are for Chiang Mai and then its only from the east of Chiang Mai Ram to the extreme east of Doi Saket. I have been looking at other areas of Thailand and no go.

There was an imagery update July 4th - all of southern Thailand and Chiang Mai area. The imagery for where I live (north of CR city) is from 2006, I would love an update.

The red outlines are the updated areas:

GE.jpg

• 4 months later...

The new photo is mostly over central Chiang Rai. To the north it stops just south of the New Airport and to the south just south of Huay Sak. My house is on the new photo and Kandahar, I can even see both my ponds in my ornamental garden!

And for golfers, you can see the 9 new holes at Army Course.

Ch35B, your house is in the new photo, maybe not your placemark!

:D:blink::rolleyes:

Why do you need Google Earth or a GPS system ? If you dont know where you are, its better to look no further than where you sit or call a friend and he will tell you :D

What will you use to call your friend when you need to be told where you are? Morse code?

Why do you need Google Earth or a GPS system ? If you dont know where you are, its better to look no further than where you sit or call a friend and he will tell you :D

What will you use to call your friend when you need to be told where you are? Morse code?

Are you talking about Inspector Morse or someone else ??

Are you talking about Inspector Morse or someone else ??

Hi.!

Just see that there is a new version of google Earth avaible now.

brianmarinus.

The new photo is mostly over central Chiang Rai. To the north it stops just south of the New Airport and to the south just south of Huay Sak. My house is on the new photo and Kandahar, I can even see both my ponds in my ornamental garden!

And for golfers, you can see the 9 new holes at Army Course.

Ch35B, your house is in the new photo, maybe not your placemark!

:D:blink::rolleyes:

Hi Sven, yes I know my house is pictured on Google earth, but my 6 year old rubber trees are not. Neither is my 7 year old Sala beside my house.

Take care mate.

C35B

Smoke signal~ :lol: