Prostitution : Is It Wrong To Pay For Sex ?

thaifkrlim

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have very little experience with "free" women

The so called "free women" in the West are not so free when you look closer. Actually they do the same what a Gullivers-Freelancer does: she shags around "with no strings attached" and is of course very proud to be "free" and "independant".

Reality is, she still dreams of the knight on a white horse who will end her "freedom".

Don't listen what women say - but listen what women do.

have very little experience with "free" women

The so called "free women" in the West are not so free when you look closer. Actually they do the same what a Gullivers-Freelancer does: she shags around "with no strings attached" and is of course very proud to be "free" and "independant".

Reality is, she still dreams of the knight on a white horse who will end her "freedom".

Don't listen what women say - but listen what women do.

But when I get a one night stand in the UK or a bit on the side for a period of time I don't pay her rent or other bills, I don't go with free loaders and the women I go with in the UK have their own money to be able to pay their way.

Spot the difference..

But when I get a one night stand in the UK or a bit on the side for a period of time I don't pay her rent or other bills, I don't go with free loaders and the women I go with in the UK have their own money to be able to pay their way.

Spot the difference..

I think I've spotted the difference. Economics in the UK requires that nearly all women and men work. Minimum wages in the UK mean that most women and men have discretionary income for frivolous things like trips and such.

Most Thais aren't in this position. The most frivolous action the majority of Thais can take is to purchase a 2000 bt mobile phone, hit a karaoke joint once a month, or have a few drinking sessions with store bought beer over the course of a month.

Can you spot the difference?

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Spot the difference..

I think I've spotted the difference. Economics in the UK requires that nearly all women and men work. Minimum wages in the UK mean that most women and men have discretionary income for frivolous things like trips and such.

Most Thais aren't in this position. The most frivolous action the majority of Thais can take is to purchase a 2000 bt mobile phone, hit a karaoke joint once a month, or have a few drinking sessions with store bought beer over the course of a month.

Yes you,ve had way too much :coffee1:

Spot the difference..

Yes you,ve had way too much :coffee1:

LOL. Perhaps. Seeing that it is nearly 8 pm I've switched from the coffee to a bit of beer.

But I choose my wife......now........ :D.......and I am happy...........

Nothing wrong about that, if you are truly happy. But if she is not available for some reasons, your instincts may play a role again.

Possibly....... :whistling: ............but being realistic I have no wish to rejoin a road which will not take me to where I would wish to be.............

We cannot change our nature. And those who try out of political correctness or some ideology end up as bitter, aggressive and unhappy.

Just what I was thinking and don't forget envious. :D

I have a choice.............a beautiful wife.........or if I choose pay for sex........or if I choose......both..........

But I choose my wife......now........ :D.......and I am happy...........

What were the choices of the pay for sex man again??.................

I don’t have enough information to understand your post.

1. How long have you been married?

2. How old is your wife?

3. How many children has she had?

4. How many times has she been married?

5. How many hours a day does she yell at you?

6. How many pounds more than you does your wife weigh?

Sorry Mark I've seen enough on this forum to know giving out too much detailed information encourages personal attacks

You'll have to take my word for it, my wife is stunningly attractive,kind and gentle, my children are a blessing, I am not bald, overweight? (well a kilo maybe!!:P ) I am happy, I am a lucky man.....and therefore I have no use for envy.........

Years ago, before prostitution was decriminalised in many western countries, 'Pros' were 'hard up' & often resorted to other crimes in order to increase/supplement their meagre income. Drug use was often part of their life due to stress (no possible way forward...seemingly perpetual 'hard times').

Decriminalising prostitution did reduce crime & also afforded better working conditions for sex workers (as they are now known). It also provided a 'safer' encounter for both the sex worker & the client.

Even though decriminalisation has proved to be of great benefit to many societies, the 'morals' brigade (wowsers etc who still live in the 19th century & embody ideas similar to Queen Victoria) still rail against a perfectly legitimate & necessary service. Yes...it is a necessary service. Sex with another human is a biological necessity unless you want to harm yourself.

If Thailand had the good sense to decriminalise prostitution, who would benefit & who would not benefit?

Those who would benefit:

a] Sex workers.

b] Clients of sex workers.

c] Society in general.

d] The country (increased tax revenue, decreased medical overheads & a reduction in crime).

e] Reduced 'human trafficking'.

Those who would not benefit:

a] Corrupt government officials.

b] Moral crusaders.

c] Drug dealers.

d] Human trafficking groups.

Obviously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with prostitution. It has a bad name as a result of moral crusaders, corrupt officials & human trafficking groups.

It is simply another 'service', which anybody may feel free to purchase. And just like the purchase of any other 'Goods or Services', the saying 'Buyer beware' needs to be realised.

"I,m just popping down to service the car darling"

"I'm just popping down to service a prostitute darling"

yep sounds ok to me........just the same......a service......

You're the one who made the marriage vows. No use whining about it now. I made them too. It's all about choices and values really. I couldn't care less who others choose to sleep with.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Thanks for keeping open what could be a very explosive topic. I know many of us have strong feelings on the topic. A

As a whole, the discussion has been fairly civilized, which is not always the case on the more divisive topics.  Drastically differing opinions, true, but mostly expressed within posting regulations.

"I,m just popping down to service the car darling"

"I'm just popping down to service a prostitute darling"

yep sounds ok to me........just the same......a service......

You're the one who made the marriage vows. No use whining about it now. I made them too. It's all about choices and values really.

If you want to whine feel free....please don't drag me into it........I am of the opinion whining serves absolutely no purpose.......at least pay for sex is one step up on whining :D

All I was doing was highlighting an area where perhaps the 'service' may not be considered the 'same' as any other........but I also know in some cases not an issue.

If you want to whine feel free....please don't drag me into it........I am of the opinion whining serves absolutely no purpose.......at least pay for sex is one step up on whining :D

All I was doing was highlighting an area where perhaps the 'service' may not be considered the 'same' as any other........but I also know in some cases not an issue.

I get your point. But is it really all that different? How much of a person's objection to prostitutes or frequenting them is based upon a lifetime of programming? Arguments could be made against utilizing the services of prostitutes while married, but as a single person?

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I get your point. But is it really all that different? How much of a person's objection to prostitutes or frequenting them is based upon a lifetime of programming? Arguments could be made against utilizing the services of prostitutes while married, but as a single person?

There are many in Thailand who may have travelled this road before taking an alternative route......think experience.......think how many of the posters here are probably well qualified to make pretty accurate comments on long term pay for sex........perhaps in the long term it just doesn't cut it for some, or many............that is the alternative view you are getting....not a moral judgement.

I'm sure that they are cheaper than your marriage and a lot more fun. :whistling:

UG I do not think, I know what I am missing.......and you are wrong.......do I really have to spell it out for you guys...... :D

BEFORE I WAS MARRIED.....................duh

All true. Thailand should legalize sex businesses and tell the Puritanical Western countries to get stuffed.  :thumbsup:

An article I read stated that prostitution was legalized in Thailand in 1934 by Rama 5.

Below from a book, PROSTITUTES IN THAILAND By Dr. Chatsumarn Kabilsingh, professor of religion and philosophy at Thannasat University in Bangkok.

"In Thailand, prostitution was mentioned during King Rama I's reign. There was taxation of prostitutes and brothels called "tax for the road." When Rama V abolished slavery, some females slaves were turned over to men who started brothels. Prostitution was legalized in 1934 by Rama V. He expressed his concern about prostitutes who worked in gangs with men as their supervisors. The situation was prone to violence , and the threat if spreading venereal disease was great. Because of these dangers, Rama V allowed prostitutes to be registered so that they could receive regular medical care.

Thailand remained under this act until 1960, when the United Nations declared the abolition of prostitution. The Thai government answered the UN policy by introducing " The Act to Deter Prostitution," replacing the 1934 law. According to this new act, no one is permitted to perform in the sex trade, either heterosexual or homosexual."

So it seems we have the UN to blame for the illegality of prostitution in Thailand if the article I've posted is correct. :wacko:

Thailand remained under this act until 1960, when the United Nations declared the abolition of prostitution. The Thai government answered the UN policy by introducing " The Act to Deter Prostitution," replacing the 1934 law. According to this new act, no one is permitted to perform in the sex trade, either heterosexual or homosexual."

So it seems we have the UN to blame for the illegality of prostitution in Thailand if the article I've posted is correct. :wacko:

I'm keen to understand the meaning of 'abolish' with regard to the above quote. Does it mean that prostitution ceased to exist for the UN, or otherwise?

I'm sure that they are cheaper than your marriage and a lot more fun. :whistling:

UG I do not think, I know what I am missing.......

That is obvious, but you certainly seem to be trying to convince yourself that you do. :P

I am pleased you think paying for sex tops the pile......for me there was something missing that you don't get unless you have a more meaningful relationship....perhaps it is the lying in each others arms after the passion, the kisses and smiles............just me I guess...

UG I do not think,.......

That is obvious, but you certainly seem to be trying to convince yourself that you do. :P

Edited to avoid confusion!!

Good relationships are great, but how many are there and how long do most last? if you are happy that is fine, but a lot of us have done that aleady and rather be single at this stage in our lives.

If one uses some common sense, the angels of mercy make that a lot easier, more fun and more enjoyable without breaking the bank. :wub:

A lot of people tend to confuse sex with/and relationships.

I want to try to clear up something from one of my previous posts where I said I have no problem with paying for sex. I only said you should try to avoid working girls you know are drug-addicts. One poster responded by answering that you should attack the drug problem at the source, and that the problem is not the user.

The user is the source of the problem. There wouldn't be all this violence connected with drug-smuggling, and terrorism if someone wasn't paying for it. I don't want to be one of those funding those enterprises.The user is the problem. The suppliers wouldn't be risking their lives, if there wasn't someone to buy it.

Of course anybody can be a drug-addict. However, it's not that difficult to recognize some poor girl who is on a mission to get money, and it's not for her family. I, also, think that use of the word "retard" could be offensive to some people. It's one thing if you're in a bar, and you call one of your friends a retard (which they probably are), but in a public forum it's tasteless.

Guesthouse seems like a rational person. I have read his posts for quite some time. What is there in his makeup that would make him propose such a bizarre idea that does not occur in the psychological texts of people who know about such things. I tried searching the internet for others who have compared emasculation to the purchase of Thai women's services and I came up empty handed. This must be Guesthouses own theory. One could suppose he knows a number of emasculated men.

What does an emasculated man look or act like? Emasculation seems like a serious problem that would reach to other areas of a man's life. Certainly they would be noticeable.

I am at a loss to explain it.

Let me help you out (and at last someone who wants to discuss the idea rather than relying on a defense of shouting feminism. The point I make has nothing to do with feminism - It works like this.

A man may be attractive to a woman for a whole range of reasons, his looks. his personality, his position of power, his masculinity, his ability to provide for the woman and her children - The list is as long as you want to make it, but essentially defines characteristics of men that women find attractive.

The view expressed time and time again here is that the only thing men can offer a women is money / women only want money from men / if you haven't got money you won't get the girl etc.

These are clear denials of the clear fact that women find men attractive for a whole lot more reasons than money - poor guys do get the girl.

Paying for sex is negating all the reasons for a woman to be with a man - The only thing the man offers is money - He doesn't have to have personality, looks, masculinity, nothing on the list of things women find attractive in men - All he needs is money.

Now we have men who defend their use of prostitutes with the argument that the only thing women want form a man is money - 'marriage is institutionalized prostitution' and the whole bag of statements we've had to that affect.

What has happened is, they have extrapolated their buying sex from prostitutes into a definition of all male female relationships.

I trust we can take the statements made regarding women's motivation being only money at face value, ie the belief of those people who have expressed that opinion.

They believe, and presumably accept, that the only thing THEY PERSONALLY have to offer a women is money - That, they tell us, is their experience.

They regard themselves as nothing but a source of finance in their relationship to women.

We additionally have statements such as 'women use sex as a weapon' - poor helpless men at the mercy of women. 'Women cheating, lying, being unfair in divorce cases' - Poor men who can't defend themselves. Women and their hate spreading feminism - Poor men who can't deal with women wanting to take part in defining their own role in society.

In short - Men without balls - Emasculated.

And it is in this context that I conclude Thailand really is attracting men who can't deal with women under any other circumstance than that the women is under a financial obligation to do their bidding.

what kind of relationship are you in at the moment ?