Debit/credit Cards

I've just opened a Thai bank account and asked for a debit card/credit card, just to pay for airfares online. Was told 'mai mii' but was issued with a SCB debit card 'for paying for shopPING'. Does 'mai mii' mean 'mai hai'? What's the criteria with various banks here? Are any of them able to issue cards which will be accepted online here?

I've just opened a Thai bank account and asked for a debit card/credit card, just to pay for airfares online. Was told 'mai mii' but was issued with a SCB debit card 'for paying for shopPING'. Does 'mai mii' mean 'mai hai'? What's the criteria with various banks here? Are any of them able to issue cards which will be accepted online here?

The origination is not my post -- it has my name on it, but it was not written by me.

??????

The origination is not my post -- it has my name on it, but it was not written by me.

??????

the original post and this post have the same IP address, if you were using a computer at an internet cafe it is possible you didn't log off.

i recommend you change your password to disable any saved logins in the past.

??????

the original post and this post have the same IP address, if you were using a computer at an internet cafe it is possible you didn't log off.

i recommend you change your password to disable any saved logins in the past.

Thanks! I have been using Internet Cafes for the last 40 days, and have generally just plugged in an ADSL cable into my laptop.

Will do as you suggest. Regards.

If you, unknowingly, post under someone else's name on Thaivisa, are you sure you're ready for paying online with credit cards?

A couple of year ago Visa Electron debit cards were not accepted for online payments. I don't know if it has changed.

Debit cards (Visa Electron or MasterCard Electronics) need about a week for processing and are issued by the credit card department at the bank's head office. You can apply at your branch and collect it later, or it will be mailed to your address. There's no "mai hai" - everyone with an account qualifies.

I have used www.epassporte.com for a while and it works fine in most cases (can not use for gambling sites).

You can apply online and load funds from a creditcard. You will only be liable for the amount you have loaded so no big risk here.