Slash Of Guns N Roses Live In Bangkok

sabaijai

Slash, together with a band that includes Myles Kennedy, formerly of Alterbridge, on vocals, is scheduled to perform at UrbanSpace -- tentative date 31 July.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/3633239-slash-bangkok-thailand-live-at-urbanspace-on-july-31-2010?artist=Slash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXjPGosOtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pAn75GM-fQ

where is urban space? is it new club or just one of those member only nights if you join jonny or chivas or something, i clicked on the link and it just says, urban bangkok with no address and no way of getting tickets, anyone have a better idea?

where is urban space? is it new club or just one of those member only nights if you join jonny or chivas or something, i clicked on the link and it just says, urban bangkok with no address and no way of getting tickets, anyone have a better idea?

I would imagine Slash would be pretty upset if the sponsor wasn't Jack Daniels.

I found out about this concert a couple of weeks ago and have been researching into it heavily as I'm a massive G n' R fan. Here's what I know to date:

a) Urban Space is behind Gaysorn Plaza and opposite Central World (I have been there)

B) Construction of what looks like a stage is currently underway at Urban Space

c) Both security and a bunch of motorbike taxi guys at Urban Space told me there was no concert due

d) One other motorbike taxi driver who joined the conversation told me that it was a secret gig and tickets are going to be free. He said people will turn up on the night!

e) Up until 2 days ago Slash's official website claimed he WAS at Urban Space on 31st July 2010. It has since changed to Indonesia!!

So, sorry I don't have the answer but I'm just waiting like everyone else right now. Lets hope he does come over - it would be truly amazing!

e) Up until 2 days ago Slash's official website claimed he WAS at Urban Space on 31st July 2010. It has since changed to Indonesia!!

So, sorry I don't have the answer but I'm just waiting like everyone else right now. Lets hope he does come over - it would be truly amazing!

Though his Facebook site has said Indonesia for a while, as I was thinking to book tickets via it and travel there... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Slash's website states he's definitely in Indonesia on 31st. All tour pages have been corrected in the last week or so.

I was gonna go to Urban Space on Saturday on the off-chance of a secret gig, but after that bomb, there no chance of a concert taking place! :(

• 7 months later...

Curiously, 'Slash' is cockney slang for 'piss' as in "I'm going to take a slash" . . . . . . . . I always found GnR, to be rather pedestrian and dull, Axle uses a very effected vocal style that I find irritating, and his gyrations are cringeworthy.

I thought Slash looked like a pantomine dame, and lets be honest, have you ever heard him play anything resembling a decent riff ? . . . .even Fast Eddie from Motor Head could play decent riffs, it's what real guitarist do.

Was a top class GnR cover band.... with Slash.

Unfortunately the locals don't know how to let loose and enjoy themselves at a hard rock concert, should someone maybe loose face if there's a bit of moshing going on. :rolleyes:

Everyone standing rigid with their iPhone (I even saw an iPad held up) up to video it. No jumping, no having fun, the most boring bunch of <deleted> I've ever been to a concert with.