Soi Reggae

Which was or is your favourite bar there and why......I can think of a few great nights there sad to see it so quiet nowadays.....the place half way up on the left what was it 45 or something ah my memory fails me but the waitress service was second to none....:D

i love D&N Nixer bar ,,,last bar on the right before horrible Reggai club,,owned by a great Irish guy and his somewhat mad ( but a good mad ) ex called Pat. Girls are great not in your face , been drinking there more than 3 years!!!!!

They are nice - but they aren't all girls. Then again, they aren't at Position 69 either but I still like that place. I used to drink Diet Coke with my Sang Som Set and since they didn't carry it, I would go down to Family Mart and get my own. After just a couple times, the Dragon Lady owner started keeping it in stock and pointed it out with a big smile next time I came in. It's nice when a bar/restaurant pays attention to little things like that.

i love D&N Nixer bar ,,,last bar on the right before horrible Reggai club,,owned by a great Irish guy and his somewhat mad ( but a good mad ) ex called Pat. Girls are great not in your face , been drinking there more than 3 years!!!!!

They are nice - but they aren't all girls. Then again, they aren't at Position 69 either but I still like that place. I used to drink Diet Coke with my Sang Som Set and since they didn't carry it, I would go down to Family Mart and get my own. After just a couple times, the Dragon Lady owner started keeping it in stock and pointed it out with a big smile next time I came in. It's nice when a bar/restaurant pays attention to little things like that.

Is that the place with the ladyboy show opposite the old PFC bar.....hilarious show and well loaded drinks 2 for 1, free shots, lots a laughs....great fun place.....!

Club 44 wasn't it?......Soi Reggae 's warmest welcome.....but that was a while ago .....anywhere like that on the strip now?

:(

Soi Reggae's bars are expensive and unfriendly compared with Lamai and they charge B150 for fake gin and spirits which I can get for B80 in Lamai. The Paradise Bar was ok until the Israeli's and the douche with a Samoan hair bouffant began drinking there. And what a welcome you get from the first bar on the soi, the Why Not Bar. The owner is a small time yobbo Brit who told me to "watch my back" because we took his girls on a humanitarian trip to Na Muang waterfall for lunch ! Time for Screaming Eagle to vet this joint !

I find it very depressing when I go to Soi Reggae now. So few people and half the bars closed. I used to own a bar there 6 years ago and the road was full of happy revellers. Ther bars were full and it was great. Now the Soi just looks desperate!!!

Yes and dont you just love the full width road with footpaths either side ?

Club 44 wasn't it?......Soi Reggae 's warmest welcome.....but that was a while ago .....anywhere like that on the strip now?

Soi Reggae's bars are expensive and unfriendly compared with Lamai and they charge B150 for fake gin and spirits which I can get for B80 in Lamai. The Paradise Bar was ok until the Israeli's and the douche with a Samoan hair bouffant began drinking there. And what a welcome you get from the first bar on the soi, the Why Not Bar. The owner is a small time yobbo Brit who told me to "watch my back" because we took his girls on a humanitarian trip to Na Muang waterfall for lunch ! Time for Screaming Eagle to vet this joint !

I've seen the <deleted> with the Samoan hair bouffant. I think he's a shrimp short of a barbie! The Israelis tried to use my bar as as a place to hang around in before they went to the synagogue next door. Six of them with one bottle of water, playing pool and annoying me and my girls by spending hours trying to get something for free, if you know what I mean?. I've now banned them. Or at least "If you come in my bar, you all buy and drink". That has put them right off. And my girls know not to talk to the "Cheap Charlies", as they call them!!!!! :whistling:

I''ll pop into the Why Not bar and check it out sometime this week and give a full account!!

I find it very depressing when I go to Soi Reggae now. So few people and half the bars closed. I used to own a bar there 6 years ago and the road was full of happy revellers. Ther bars were full and it was great. Now the Soi just looks desperate!!!

I always thought the main attraction should have been live bands at Reggae Pub....why they built the white elephant opposite remains a mystery to me....its decline seems to have spread down the soi unfortunately.....used to love it there at Christmas with all the little elves bouncing around.....:lol:

I always thought the main attraction should have been live bands at Reggae Pub....why they built the white elephant opposite remains a mystery to me....its decline seems to have spread down the soi unfortunately.....used to love it there at Christmas with all the little elves bouncing around.....:lol:

I always thought the Reggae Pub a complete waste of time. When it was busy, a few years ago, it took ages getting a drink. The Thai "reggae" bands were a disaster. Reggae is played with the rythme off the beat, there are more reggae tunes than Bob Marley and jumping up and down with floppy rasterfarian hat is not going to convince me they have the faintest idea what they're doing! :rolleyes:

I always thought the Reggae Pub a complete waste of time. When it was busy, a few years ago, it took ages getting a drink. The Thai "reggae" bands were a disaster. Reggae is played with the rythme off the beat, there are more reggae tunes than Bob Marley and jumping up and down with floppy rasterfarian hat is not going to convince me they have the faintest idea what they're doing! :rolleyes:

I agree it was <deleted> but at least it got punters walking down the soi....

I've seen the <deleted> with the Samoan hair bouffant. I think he's a shrimp short of a barbie! The Israelis tried to use my bar as as a place to hang around in before they went to the synagogue next door. Six of them with one bottle of water, playing pool and annoying me and my girls by spending hours trying to get something for free, if you know what I mean?. I've now banned them. Or at least "If you come in my bar, you all buy and drink". That has put them right off. And my girls know not to talk to the "Cheap Charlies", as they call them!!!!! :whistling:

I''ll pop into the Why Not bar and check it out sometime this week and give a full account!!

I thought there was an Israeli cafe next door?.....Maybe they got banned from there as well....oh the irony.....:rolleyes:

Or well maybe they charge 200 Baht for a bottle of water......keep out the riff raff! :P

:blink: And the music hasn't changed in twenty years ! "He's a buffaloe soldier', "Hotel California'.... I go there to watch the short baldy twinkle toed Kraut, ballroom dancing with himself and patting the sweat off his dome with a small towel...

:blink: And the music hasn't changed in twenty years ! "He's a buffaloe soldier', "Hotel California'.... I go there to watch the short baldy twinkle toed Kraut, ballroom dancing with himself and patting the sweat off his dome with a small towel...

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

He's a classic!

the best ever bar in Soi reggae was eye 90, no where in Samui evercame a close second, Angie was a legend as were here staff, i live in Pattaya now but eye 90 knocks spots off anything here. think SE might agree.

Gin Queen they seem to be talking on facebook as they are both on mine, that is Char and Pat not sure Pat is an ex.

better to get some of your boys to have a word with them:P

living in khao lak now, but loved soi reggae for the sheer randomness that was had down there. a lady boy flashing my wife and her friends, greg looking after bogarts (i think it was called) on the corner opposite family mart, the endless streams of tourist families scared stiff at what they're seeing just after sunset, and drinking until the sun came up, sad shame its all but going, going, gone

the best ever bar in Soi reggae was eye 90, no where in Samui evercame a close second, Angie was a legend as were here staff, i live in Pattaya now but eye 90 knocks spots off anything here. think SE might agree.

Gin Queen they seem to be talking on facebook as they are both on mine, that is Char and Pat not sure Pat is an ex.

:D Thanks NA|LAK thAats the place I was thinking about when I first posted......best bar I ever visited in Thailand outside of Bangers.....the place was great even 3 years ago.....what happened to them all???

living in khao lak now, but loved soi reggae for the sheer randomness that was had down there. a lady boy flashing my wife and her friends, greg looking after bogarts (i think it was called) on the corner opposite family mart, the endless streams of tourist families scared stiff at what they're seeing just after sunset, and drinking until the sun came up, sad shame its all but going, going, gone

Greg on the bull at the old Sportsmans was fuc_king hilarious!!.....and yeah one of Samui's characters for sure.

I agree. Angie at the Eye90 before she changed it from a bit of a dive where you had to step down, bang your head on the roof and struggle to get to the bar because it was so busy!!! Then she tried to go upmarket and enlarged it so it looked like all the other bars in Soi Reggae. Even all her ladies wearing the same outfit (nurses was my favorerite!) didn't help. I miss Angie but I think she sold the bar at exactly the right time.....

I agree. Angie at the Eye90 before she changed it from a bit of a dive where you had to step down, bang your head on the roof and struggle to get to the bar because it was so busy!!! Then she tried to go upmarket and enlarged it so it looked like all the other bars in Soi Reggae. Even all her ladies wearing the same outfit (nurses was my favorerite!) didn't help. I miss Angie but I think she sold the bar at exactly the right time.....

she did not exactly sell but ran overnight, still ring her now and again she is in Phuket. poor gay lads that took it over ended up paying off a few of her debts. Da is till with her Nut is across the road owner of 69 bar, gawd knows where the rest went. SE, it was great when it was the old shack, toilet was always busy though, cant imagine why, store room seemed to get a lot of visits as did the house down the side of the bar. never did quite work out why. wish she would come to Pattaya and liven the place up. the classic time was when Johhny the DJ was there RIP, doing his freddie mecury impression. i hear gregg(dead man walking as we called him) is back from Pattalung. no suprise there.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you noticed the new building works in Soi Reggae.On the corner, by the Family Mart, where you can turn right to the lake. I was talking to a bar owner last night and it is owned by the Reggae Pub mob who are building a venue there. At this rate, more than half of the Soi will be owned by them.

Have you noticed the new building works in Soi Reggae.On the corner, by the Family Mart, where you can turn right to the lake. I was talking to a bar owner last night and it is owned by the Reggae Pub mob who are building a venue there. At this rate, more than half of the Soi will be owned by them.

B) Don't Reggae Bar realize that they have to get a permit from Screamimg Eagle before they open a new bar ?