Large Cats Over 5Kgs - Blood Donors For Transfusion

A friend of mine urgently needs several blood donors for his cat. Several are needed in case of poor blood group match but the vet has stipulated that the donor cats must be big (and healthy) enough - over 5 kgs. Not too many of those in BK. Cat's condition is critical - very poor vet skills meant that the friend's vet removed two very large areas of tissue from an anaemic cat and the cat now urgently needs blood. We have moved her to my trusted vet.

If you think you can help or have any suggestions, please PM me. Thanks very much. We can arrange collection of cat to the nearest convenient vet to you.

btw the vet told me that the central blood bank at Kasetsart Animal Hospital is very low on blood, so if you can, just think about making a donation for any cat or dog. I suppose we don't really think about it until we ourselves actually need it. Thanks for reading.

It's the Pattanakarn Animal Hospital on Pattanakarn, just before the junction with Srinakarin. Doesn't look like much from the outside but I've kept many animals and I know a good vet when I see one. It looks like a very basic local set up, but the vets are permanent, not rotating young interns like many other places, while they take on lucrative lecturing jobs leaving inexperienced vets running the shop. They also speak English, are very people and animal friendly, and they really care about the animals. If you want white, pristine, and modern looking (and accompanyingly expensive) then Thonglor is a good option - a kind of Bumrungrad for animals, if you like. If you want good primary care at a reasonable cost, this vet, Dr Nut and his colleagues, are superb in my experience.

But Thonglor has many vets - incidentally, it was a Thonglor vet who botched this one up (not the hospital with the resident big golden retriever, though).

Does anyone have the kaset animal hospital phone number and times for cat blood donation? My cat is ready for a donation.

The number for the Kaset blood bank unit is 02-942-8756-9, ext 2118 or 02-579-7540, ext 2329.

That's a really good deed you are doing! Thank you so much.

Please could I ask if you would mind if your wonderful cat, in this instance, will donate blood for my friend's cat - if you are in Bangkok, I can send my driver to help take your cat to a vet for a blood test, if it is inconvenient for you to travel. We are in Pattanakarn. Please PM me if you are able to help. Thank you.

My mistake/edit above - my vet is called Nakarin Vet on Pattanakarn 49, not Pattanakarn Animal Hospital on Soi 30.

I have never thought that animals could be blood donors. I shall ask at my vet here in Switzerland if they do that. Jimbo weighs 5.5 kilos, but feels like 20 when i have to carry him in his box. I guess they screen the blood (like they do us) for any diseases. From where I am looking Jimbo only has the lazy, fat cat, purring disease!!!

I hope the cat in question got the blood needed.