Embarrassing Farangs.

Moonrakers

I know there has been a similar thread, but I can't find it.

So I am in 7-11 buying stuff, I reach the counter and what should arrive at the till next to me:

Some tall, lanky English knob. Singing "Wish you had a girlfriend who's hot like me", whilst ordering a pack of cigarettes. Feeling somehow affiliated to this tool, due to sharing the same nationality, I found myself shrinking in an attempt to distance myself from him.

It was bordering upon unbearable. The girls behind the counter were giggling, clearly out of embarrassment but this numpty is reading their giggles as an indication that he is being a fantastically cool entertainer of the random masses. Just as I thought that things could get no worse.....

He does a twirl, whilst stood at the counter.

As if my fellow countrymen haven't acquired a bad enough reputation already.

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can take comfort in the fact that he was not doing a rendition of 'tip toe thru the tulips' with his ballerina impersonation and ask you to join in. People watching can be entertaining if taken in the right manner.

Well you can take comfort in the fact that he was not doing a rendition of 'tip toe thru the tulips' with his ballerina impersonation and ask you to join in. People watching can be entertaining if taken in the right manner.

Tip toe through the tulips would have been a class act though.

I'd have requested an encore.

To be honest I find your need to bitch on the web about someone enjoying their day rather more sad, live and let live I say.

Get a sense of humour, I say.

I've got a sense of humour, which is why I'd of laughed at the guy then went about my business not giving it anymore thought.

Looks like you have not been long enough in Thailand, its easy to make the Girls laugh about Stuff you would be embarassed in the West. Dont forget its perfectly fine for a 30 years plus Woman to wear Hello Kitty Gear. :rolleyes:

I know there has been a similar thread, but I can't find it.

So I am in 7-11 buying stuff, I reach the counter and what should arrive at the till next to me:

Some tall, lanky English knob. Singing "Wish you had a girlfriend who's hot like me", whilst ordering a pack of cigarettes. Feeling somehow affiliated to this tool, due to sharing the same nationality, I found myself shrinking in an attempt to distance myself from him.

It was bordering upon unbearable. The girls behind the counter were giggling, clearly out of embarrassment but this numpty is reading their giggles as an indication that he is being a fantastically cool entertainer of the random masses. Just as I thought that things could get no worse.....

As if my fellow countrymen haven't acquired a bad enough reputation already.

Thought scousers had a good sense of humour,but i can understand you feeling realy low if you support Liverpool,carm down,carm down lad

[quote name='somtampet' date='2010-07-16 20:57' timestamp='1279288651' post='3753457'

Thought scousers had a good sense of humour,but i can understand you feeling realy low if you support Liverpool,carm down,carm down lad

Been called many a thing in my life, but never a scouser. (I'm from Swindon, not Liverpool)

You sir, are a cad and a scoundrel.

Moody Blues...

You know what.... I quite like moody blues yet to this very day I had no idea that Justin Hayward was a Swindonian. You learn something new everyday

Perhaps I was blinded by the fame of other idols such as Melinda Messenger, Billie Piper and Mark Lamarr.

Edited by Moonrakers

Moonrakers, have you ever tried ignoring people? Or do you secretly enjoy upsetting yourself about things, which you can't control?

And I thought the Thais had 'loss of face' problems!!! You are worse!!! You weren't directly confronted by this imbecile & yet you still chose to be 'embarrassed'.

Edited by elkangorito

The most embarrassing ones are the "millionaires" wink wink, nudge nudge, you know what I mean, dick heads that haven't got a pot to piss in, in the real world. Pattaya seems to be full of them, egg yolk stained, vest wearing bullshitters that look like extras from the film "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest."

Moonrakers, have you ever tried ignoring people? Or do you secretly enjoy upsetting yourself about things, which you can't control?

And I thought the Thais had 'loss of face' problems!!! You are worse!!! You weren't directly confronted by this imbecile & yet you still chose to be 'embarrassed'.

Do I really need to use a "Tongue in cheek" emotion.

The way that this thread has evolved, my question is a rhetorical one.

Do I really need to use a "Tongue in cheek" emotion.

The way that this thread has evolved, my question is a rhetorical one.

Given the below info, a "Tongue in cheek" emoticon would have been very useful for you.

Feeling somehow affiliated to this tool, due to sharing the same nationality, I found myself shrinking in an attempt to distance myself from him.