Jomtien Beach

Pdavies99

Hi to everyone! :rolleyes:

Usually I spend the day on Pattaya Beach, but sometimes for a change I go to Jomtien for the cleaner, quieter beach.

Yesterday I went there and was shocked!! The beach sand is filthy, rubbish everywhere, especially the KFC / Mc Donalds drink holders etc.

I was at the area opposite the temple, I realise now that this is the area that Thai schools utilise, they are from the villages and guesss that is what they are used to doing, just throwing the rubbish on the ground.

What a disappointmernt, the worst beach I have seen in years, worse than Vietnam beaches and that's saying something!

Surely the big hotels should realise the effect this has on there guests?B)

TiT, if it's the locals chucking litter about there's not much you can do about it - except maybe phone 1337??? :rolleyes:

Instead of going all the way down that end of the beach (I take it the temple you refer to is the one after Soi Wat Boon?), try Dongtan Beach for a change. Just get off the Baht Bus as soon as Thappraya Road gets to the beach and then turn right past the police box and walk north towards Pattaya Park. There are many gay people here, but as you walk further along so the deck chairs thin out and the beach becomes more open and free. It's usually reasonably clean along the beach here, although the sea is the same dirty polluted water as elsewhere in Pattaya. The open area of sand in front of Pattaya Park is quite popular with the Russians. Of course, if you are happy to pay for a deck chair, the area of sand around them is supposed to be kept clean by the deck chair owners, so that might be a better bet for you.

On the topic, near the north end of Dongtan beach there is a huge pipe going halvway out the beach. Anyone know what its for? Just drain water, or is there more to it?

Dont know now but a year or so ago that's where they used to pump the S'it out of.