Visa Run To Pp

I am looking to go to PP for a few days to obtain a new NON-B visa and in the meantime have a short break away from Thailand. I am looking for some recomendations on the best way to get the visa (e.g. through a local agent or go embassy myself), nice hotel to stay close to the main entertainment/ areas/city center.

Ill be flying in from BKK, so also the best way to get to the center.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Don't calculate your stay too short, this week the consul was allegedly out of town and things went not quite so smooth - at least for me and 2 others I met. Not sure if the information was correct, and problems might as well been due to our specific visa situations (mine was for a Tourist Visa). And of course this doesn't necessarily mean that next week will be the same, or your visa situation is the same.

However, standard pickup times are x+3 days. Agents used to be able to speed this up (express fee).

And I guess you have your paperwork ready.

welo

I am looking to go to PP for a few days to obtain a new NON-B visa and in the meantime have a short break away from Thailand. I am looking for some recomendations on the best way to get the visa (e.g. through a local agent or go embassy myself), nice hotel to stay close to the main entertainment/ areas/city center.

Ill be flying in from BKK, so also the best way to get to the center.

I've gone to the embassy, but several years ago. I'd suggest, if possible, use an agent. Most "travel agents" will offer the service and it should cost no more than $10.usd plus of course the fee for the NON-B. Express I don't know. That your base. It is worth the $10.usd to avoid the frustration etc.. May be $20.usd, but even that I'd pay rather than deal with it myself. Shop around a few. Hard to reccomend, they are everywhere on Montavun(sp) and Central Market. Find Mittaheap Hotel(sp again!), they have a travel agent attached which should be okay if offer the service. Decent hotels are New York, Mittaheap, Princess, Palace something, and Big Luck. All in this general area. Some have web sites. Best to book online, but do not provide credit card details. Just reserve and inspect prior to payment. No worries.

The ride to this area is a fixed $9.usd taxi from the airport. Don't again, prepay. No need to. You could save $5.usd and go out to the highway and take a motorcycle. I suppose $4.usd would do it. But again, taxi no hassle or stress. Don't let the driver come in with you or you will be charged more for the room to pay him a commission.

If I were "you", I'd take a taxi telling him "Asia Hotel". They all know it. Check a room there, they can be run down but I don't know your style. If that not good enough, within 200meters all the others I listed above. Walk around and find something suitable price and quality wise. Above in the range of $25-$40.usd.

Not sure how 'streamlined' the process for the Non-B is in Phnom Penh, but if they have questions or require more paperwork, it might be an advantage to go yourself. Tourist Visas (if not on long-term stay) used to be no problem in Phnom Penh and straight forward with an agent (including same-day service), but not sure about Non-B.

Maybe others can share their experience.

welo