Wikileaks Blocked

Thumpasuar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i went into google, typed wikileaks and click the first link thats blocked by the gov, second link brings me to wikileaks.  However if i put www.wikileaks.org into the adress box it gets blocked.  So a little false alarm but there is definitly some blockage going on.

Yep, same for me in Bangkok.  But some of the links in the google search results get through.

Amazing Thailand, if you actually go through the trouble of typing in the url it will not be blocked! Tried it with my favorite stream site to myp2p and it works with that site too. 

• 4 months later...

Wikileaks has been banned by Thailand.

การเข้าถึงข้อมูลดังกล่าวนี้ ถูกระงับเป็นการชั่วคราว

โดยอาศัยอำนาจตามพระราชกำหนดการบริหารราชการ ในสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ. ๒๕๔๘

ตามคำสั่งของศูนย์อำนวยการแก้ไขสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน

An access to such information has been temporarily ceased

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES)

under the authority of emergency decree B.E 2548 (A.D. 2005).

Lets go one step farther and have a book burning. Find something just totally not acceptable to Thai citizens and burn it.

It works fine if you go to http://www.wikileaks.../wiki/Wikileaks, so obviously it must have been something on the front page they wanted to plug :passifier:

Don't work tried everywhich way but everything and says blocked by ICT.

The ones that can get through are probably on The Interpol wanted list now.:lol:

Edited by Kwasaki

There has got to be some kind of true grass roots liberty movement in this country or else these people are surely doomed in the coming years. Somebody with red blood and big cojones has gotta cut through the bullshit here.

thai culture not have , budhist . :jap:

Wikileaks site is definitely blocked from True in BKK if you are configured to go through the proxy server (proxyasia.co.th:8080)

--------------------

การเข้าถึง ข้อมูลดังกล่าวนี้ ถูกระงับเป็นการชั่วคราว

โดยอาศัยอำนาจตามพระราชกำหนดการ บริหารราชการ ในสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ. ๒๕๔๘

ตามคำสั่งของศูนย์อำนวยการแก้ไขสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน

An access to such information has been temporarily ceased

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES)

under the authority of emergency decree B.E 2548 (A.D. 2005).

--------------------

However, it is still working if you go direct and bypass the proxy. This could be the reason why some people are complaining about access issues, and others are saying everything is normal.

No problem to access anything here in Hong Kong, of course...

But please don't say that red shirts are responsible, there's been thousands of sites bloked in Thailand even before the recent unrests...

It'd be blocked anyway, same as in any other country with a heavy censorship...

You all won't have to worry too much longer. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Wikileaks' days are numbered.

Its web presence just got kicked out of the USA from their cushy perch in Amazon hosted services, and relocated to some obscure location in Scandinavia. And for good reason, IMHO.

Every legitimate web-hosting, managed services, or related internet biz has contract terms and conditions about using stolen intellectual property, stolen documents, or other nefarious and illegal shenanigans.

I'm as strong a libertarian as the next guy, but I cannot begin to equate Wikileaks censorship in Thailand with the massive ubiquitous government sponsored censorship in places like China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.

Wikileaks is a plague that puts peoples' lives in jeopardy and Assange is a low-life vermin who is likely being handled by one or more individuals who wish to cause harm to selectively chosen nations. May they both meet their just ends as soon as possible.

Edited by Spee

Not verified but I heard on the radio today that the French government has banned Wikileaks from having a presence in France due to conduct and statements detrimental to the French government and their national security.

You all won't have to worry too much longer. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Wikileaks' days are numbered.

Its web presence just got kicked out of the USA from their cushy perch in Amazon hosted services, and relocated to some obscure location in Scandinavia. And for good reason, IMHO.

Every legitimate web-hosting, managed services, or related internet biz has contract terms and conditions about using stolen intellectual property, stolen documents, or other nefarious and illegal shenanigans.

I'm as strong a libertarian as the next guy, but I cannot begin to equate Wikileaks censorship in Thailand with the massive ubiquitous government sponsored censorship in places like China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.

Wikileaks is a plague that puts peoples' lives in jeopardy and Assange is a low-life vermin who is likely being handled by one or more individuals who wish to cause harm to selectively chosen nations. May they both meet their just ends as soon as possible.

Seems the new http://www.wikileaks.ch is also dead ( from the USA along with wikileaks.org )

WikiLeaks offline after domain 'killed'

WIKILEAKS has been taken offline after its domain host EveryDNS.net terminated the whistleblower website's account.

"WikiLeaks.org domain killed by US everydns.net after claimed mass attacks," WikiLeaks tweeted, after its website went offline for the third time in a week.

EveryDNS.net said in a statement on its website it had terminated services to WikiLeaks, which it had hosted for four years.

"EveryDNS.net provided domain name system (DNS) services to the wikileaks.org domain name until 10pm EST, December 2, 2010, when such services were terminated."

It did not give any reasons for the termination, which comes amid massive controversy for WikiLeaks. On Sunday it began releasing 250,000 US diplomatic cables in its biggest leak so far, angering leaders across the globe.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/wikileaks-offline-after-domain-killed/story-e6frfro0-1225965338553#ixzz172SfedYp

Edit : This is up http://46.59.1.2/

Edited by flying

I love how these clowns right away start waving the free speech banner as a means of claiming innocence and absolving themselves of any personal responsibility.

No one said anything about restricting individuals' free speech issues. But part of the responsibility of the free speech right is to also know that one is not free from consequences, and in this case those consequences come from misusing and abusing other peoples' stolen and sensitive property.

This Assange clown and his close associates and supporters are going to go down, and go down hard. It is madness to go around pissing off millions of people and dozens of world governments and not think that there wouldn't be serious consequences.

Edited by Spee

Spee just said "I love how these clowns right away start waving the free speech banner..."

Oh well so much for nearly 800 years of developing freedom in the Western world.

By the way, I believe that in increasing order, the levels of government secrecy are,

Restricted

Confidential

Secret

Top Secret

Politically embarrassing.

And that certainly applies to the footage released a few months ago of the Apache helicopter gunning down the Reuters people and others in Baghdad. Of course the US government wanted that kept secret, it shows them up as hypocrites for talking about liberating Iraq.

On the other hand, I don't suppose for a moment the US diplomatic cables now being released are any 'worse' than those not being released from the Chinese Foreign Ministry, or indeed from a country near you. I don't even think they tell us much we didn't know before, but they confirm what we thought.

Oh yes, I may not like the American government, of either party, but that doesn't mean I have anything against the American people, who I have usually found to be decent, caring and deserving of much better from their elected and unelected masters.

Wikileaks is a plague that puts peoples' lives in jeopardy

Except there seems to be little evidence of that. And certainly not as many as the war in Iraq and the attacks by drones on civilians across the ME and West Asia seem to on a daily basis. The claim, made by a series of US politicians this week without any basis, seems a little hypocritical given the events of recent years. The Pentagon this week admitted there has been no personal harm from the previous releases by Wikileaks. They've been fairly careful to cover details that could endanger as have the various media partners.

I guess what really irks the US government too is the way Assange has turned into a hugely popular folk hero across much of the planet outside the US right now. I'm not reading or hearing much disapproval for what he's done beyond the US borders, quite the opposite - there seems to be massive media and public support.

The odd thing is that people seem to think that shutting down either the site or Assange is gonna put the genie back. It's done - there are 250,000 odd cables that will come out regardless.

post-92862-0-09946100-1291460136_thumb.j

Wikileaks is a plague that puts peoples' lives in jeopardy

As opposed to the US government, which demonstrably kills people every day?

If governments do bad things why hide it? I'm all for outing them. Power without oversight always leads to abuse. The abusers must be held to account.

Except there seems to be little evidence of that.

Actually, it would be more accurate to say there is no evidence that Wikileaks has put lives in danger. After the previous round of leaks, Robert Gates admitted that "The review to date has not revealed any sensitive intelligence sources and methods compromised." That's none. Not many. Not a few. None. And the obvious truth is that if a single person had died as a result of this, we would have seen his face - I'm guessing it would be a he - on every newspaper and every news channel in america. We would know their name, why they died, how they died, what they had for lunch before they died, whether they dressed to the left or right, everything. The media would ram it down our collective throats. There's also the fact that Wikileaks redact names and details in the cables of those who might be threatened by the revelations. But don't expect Murdoch to let you know about that. Best to get some real journalism to find out things like that.