Cr Long Term Apartment,Condo,House Rental

shamas

I'm looking to move to CR and have surfed the web and searched this forum but can't locate good info on cost effective apartment, condo or house.

>I'm single and retired, nonsmoker/drinker, keep my noise to a low level and generally behave myself. I like to have a weekly female visitor for exercise and mental health needs :) .

> I have all of the basic furnishings, bedrm things, kitchen stuff and chairs.

> AirCon is a must

> Need a parking space for my Helix Vigo Truck

>I'm not a big fan of steps so ground level or a one level up is a must

>I have a fair knowledge of CR but do not speak Thai nor do I have a trusted thai speaker to help so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shamas

It depends on what you consider to be cost effective.

Our general advice for people in your situation is to come up, book into a guest house for a week and take a look around at what's available.

Unfortunately a lot of the smaller apartments are usually advertised in Thai so with out a translator you may struggle a bit.

Situation matters as well, if you have a truck you may be happy with somewhere a few kms out of town which would be cheaper.

If you are looking for an upscale apartment, there is a new one on the corner of San Khong Luang and Soi 6. It is on Soi 6. If up scale multiple bedrooms are not required then there are too many possibilities and a couple of weeks in a guesthouse is highly advised. Nice guesthouses here reasonably priced

It is not easy coming first time to CR for setting down. I was lucky, had a friend living here and he and his wife took me around and I found my first place.

I have put some places on our Google Map in the Pinned section named Condo 1 - 5. These are places friends have been staying longtime. I dont know if they have room, price etc.

And I also put markers for Sinthanee 2 and 3, Ban Mae Lao and one "Housedevelopment". These are places that often have houses for rent. I lived in two houses in the last one and in one house in Ban Mae Lao.

You can also try to PM our member "soap" that have a couple of houses for rent, maybe one of them are free. He is a good landlord!

If someone know some other condoplaces, just add them on the map. Do you know name and telephonenbr, add them too. And same with these housedevelopmentplaces. Must be a Sinthanee 1, 4,5,6,7 and 8! Add them!

Good luck shamas and welcome to Chiang Rai !

Hi and welcome to Chiang Rai.

Even though Chiang Rai is a small city it still takes a bit of time to get to know it.

The advise from a lot of the members here are to come here, rent something temporary without commiting yourself and then explore.

Thai people don't advertise very well and the ones that do charge a fortune so take your time.

You should be able to get a fairly good townhouse from 4000baht depending on your requirements.

Good luck in your search and let us know how you get on.

Many forreigners are living in the sinthanee villages. So check them out, except for sinthanee 4 (small townhouses). There is also sinthanee 1 village behind bigc, and sinthanee 5 near the airport, and an other sinthanee village has opened behind the old airport. There are many more obtions. Try to google lanna realty and something like chiang rai house rent. Also try to go out in the farrang are around thanon jetyod, there might be english speaking people people who knows where there is a house for rent.