Has Anyone Done Business With Sunbelt Asia ?

Hi

Has any one done business with Sunbelt Asia (as a foreigner) .. in perticular bought a business or property ?

If yes please let me know how the deal went - were the a trustworthy party to deal with ?

Can you more well reputed conpanies in the similar business

Regards

Samy

It will be interesting to see if this topic is allowed to run. I suppose it depends on the positive/negative replies. My guess is that the replies will get get the topic removed.

Why all the Octopusses seems to be so good in their predictions? it's your real name "Paul" by any chances? :D

I consulted with Sunbelt when I established my business here in Thailand and they seem like an honest well run business but they are grossly overpriced IMO and I used another firm that offered the same services for about half the price.

I consulted with Sunbelt when I established my business here in Thailand and they seem like an honest well run business but they are grossly overpriced IMO and I used another firm that offered the same services for about half the price.

it's a target market you get what you pay for and that is peace of mind.

It will be interesting to see if this topic is allowed to run. I suppose it depends on the positive/negative replies. My guess is that the replies will get get the topic removed.

Why all the Octopusses seems to be so good in their predictions? it's your real name "Paul" by any chances? :D

I was an octopus before the World Cup. You made me smile though!

They found me a nice apartment and got the owner to revise the lease to fit my needs.

My friend used them to start his Thai business and got him his visa/work permit with no problems at all. There may be cheaper firms but in the legal business you get what you pay for...:jap:

When it comes to setting up a company here in Thailand there are a huge number of variables which dictate the cost of that setup. The first variable is the security of the setup with respect to the shareholders and the rights of the shareholders. Here at Sunbelt our first priority is the security of our clients investment and as a result there are several agreements and legal structures put into place to protect that investment. In many occasions these protective aspects are the first things left out when other firms quote prices which can make the initial setup cost of a company less expensive but the security of investment much more precarious without doing if you qualify for Amity, BOI, Alien business license or protection with other shareholders Some other issues to consider when getting a quote is how inclusive the quote really is. Sunbelt provides each and every client a complete breakdown of price with each and every aspect of a company setup line item by line item and broken down even further by professional and government fees. The pricing structure that we use here at Sunbelt is constantly being reviewed and compared to equivalent services at competing firms and we have never found a competing firm that offers a comparable product at a comparable price.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

Gave good advice, but all there company listings for sale I checked out were fake books or no book, all very bad deals. Very expensive, contact us embassy for list of lawyers here in Bangkok.Hard to get replies to emails, the service sucks!

I used SunBelt to draw up a Usufruct land contract in both Thai and English. Fair price, quick service, and got excellent support from SunBelt when the land office was resistive at first (a lot of land offices just don't like to issue Usufructs). End result: the Usufruct was recorded...my name is on the land Chanote with the Thai wife's saying I have a Usufruct on the land.

Edited by Pib

were the a trustworthy party to deal with ?

Sunbelt Asia is just the agent, the middleman, you really need to worry about the person selling the business. If someone comes to SunbeltAsia and tells them they have a 100 sq foot beer bar for sale and it has sales of Bt10,000,000 per month, Sunbelt Asia are not going to verify the numbers, they just want a commission for getting the sale done.

were the a trustworthy party to deal with ?

Sunbelt Asia is just the agent, the middleman, you really need to worry about the person selling the business. If someone comes to SunbeltAsia and tells them they have a 100 sq foot beer bar for sale and it has sales of Bt10,000,000 per month, Sunbelt Asia are not going to verify the numbers, they just want a commission for getting the sale done.

I agree with the statement. The main issue that Sunbelt never represents otherwise. I have read newspaper articles where Sunbelt... says that their fees from transactions are less then 7% of their turnover. You could say that they advertize sales larger than proportion to their sales, but.... Everyone have seen their ridicoulous ads for ceramic factories based on the companies input: Sales price 90 million Baht and net-income 3 mill. at Lampang ceramic factory. Better put 90 mill in the bank without risk and get the same ROI. That's the joke of the due dilligence of Sunbelt - but as a first provider of info they are probably fine, but just don't use them for your final offering sheet.

• 1 month later...

What about payment options? Is it customary for SunBelt and other companies in Thailand doing business with foreigners overseas to require payment exclusively by wire transfer? What about payment options that would allow the company to be paid in full, while also affording a certain level of protection to the client, such as through reputable escrow services, use of credit cards, or even PayPal?