Thai Police

huski

in the last few years there has been pee testing in after hours clubs and some farangs arrested.

but now what is with these guys? a few weeks ago down in pattaya the police marched in to a go go, locked the doors and tested all the girls for drugs. they let the farangs go, but busted some of the girls.

last night at soi cowboy i left a go go and there were a bunch of tables the police were setting up with hundreds of pee cups all over the place. my friends and i left right before they closed the street and pee tested the whole place.

we heard later the police closed two bars for the night. also they were looking for passports on the farangs and demanding 1000 baht & someone bring the original to them if you weren't carrying.

some girls said the night before they were at nana plaza, but won't be back except to check if the dancers are wearing tops.

hopefully this "sweep" is just to meet thaksin's thailand drug free deadline, but who knows.

last night at soi cowboy i left a go go and there were a bunch of tables the police were setting up with hundreds of pee cups all over the place.

I happened to walk pass there last night and saw the police with cups. I had no idea what was going on, but then no one stopped me to pee in a cup :o

last night at soi cowboy i left a go go and there were a bunch of tables the police were setting up with hundreds of pee cups all over the place.

I happened to walk pass there last night and saw the police with cups. I had no idea what was going on, but then no one stopped me to pee in a cup :o

Peeing in a cup would take a bit o' skill for a chick I'd reckon Natty....there'd be an art to achieve good balance to enable the task to be successfully carried out I'd have thought. Had one been partaking of the substances they are investigating the use of, it'd be that much more challenging. :D Balance alone so so very difficult

actually, most girls get the knack of it at the dr.s office! you learn real quick how to aim!

are they making everybody unzip and pee in a cup in the street ?? that'd be a great photo for the front page of the bangkok post. :o

if you were drunk ask the cop to hold the cup for you cause you're too drunk to hold the cup, if they wanna test you for drug they gotta hold the cup for you, and you will try to use both hand to balance and aiming the chilly :o

are they making everybody unzip and pee in a cup in the street

the lady have squat against the wall, while the cop make a row of human shield to cover the lady, but some will peek not all cop are perfect :D

no matter what just happen i will never carry my original PP with me, always carry a photo copy of the PP.

Quite right! The hassle one would have to go through because of a stolen or lost passport, far outweigh the possibility of being stopped and having to produce it later.

A mate of mine has one of the new British driving licences, with the photo on them, which looks abit like an I.D card. When he was asked for ID the other day he produced it, and had no problems. After all it is a legal document. I wonder if one could renew one's licence here via the UK embassy?

A mate of mine has one of the new British driving licences, with the photo on them, which looks abit like an I.D card. When he was asked for ID the other day he produced it, and had no problems. After all it is a legal document. I wonder if one could renew one's licence here via the UK embassy?

You always can get a certified copy of your pp.

I carried mine along during the APEC-week.

Or you show, if needed, a Thai-driving licence. Usually, it helps although it does not have your visa-details.

Doubt very much the British emobassy will renew your UK-licence. Would be interesting to hear if anybody ever tried.

:o ohhh they love to bust you for any thing. First they demand you to carry the passport and if you do they will check it so close you think they fall in love with it. I never had to pee in a cup in Thailand and i do not think its right to blind test every singel one of the people. I say lets go to parlament and see how many of them have a VIP passport to a massage palace!

I don't know much about that.

But my Thai drivers license has my PP number on it and it is always honored,but then we don't have much trouble upcountry.

and I can have my Calif. drivers license renewed and they will send it to my US mailing addy.

Where can i get a certified copy of my passport???

Good question.

I am hopeing we can get an answer on this. I have asked this question several times in USA and knowone seems to know. One answer was----you get the origional and that's it! What does a copy look like? The same just with copy stamped on it?

Guest IT Manager

Re: the certified copy, if you took it to the Amphur and a copy, so they look at the copy Adan the original and ask them to stamp it to confirm it is a good copy, that is certified, though I haven't done it. Could also get the local police to do it as well