Canadian Immigration Question

Sponsoring a Spouse

I have looked through the whole application process and everything should be fine except this one thing, but then after they say it doesn't apply to my situation. The one requirment that I was worried about was written in the application handout and said this.

."-you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is published yearly by the Canadian government.

You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner). If you reside in Quebec, see also Sponsors living in Quebec.

This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only·your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or·your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no children of their own, or·your dependent child who has no children of his or her own."

I fall into the catagory of ONLY sponsoring a spouse with no kids or other family members, so then this should mean I am except from this right? The place I need to contact in Singapore doesn't accept phone inquires and apparently take a while to reply to emails as well and I'm stressing out. The "minimum nessesary income" as mentioned before is something like $2400 per month which is much more than we would need to live, and we planing on living on a low budget while I get a degree in Canada to avoid needing student loans. I alone could live on $1000/month and I did before I came here, and the two of us would only need $1500 as everything is shared. I could easily get proof of the avliability of a $1500/month job, but a $2400/month one, I'm not so sure. As well we have $20,000 in the bank so this should help.

But anyways I'm stressing out, but I think it should be ok as it said the whole finacial deal didn't apply to my situation. The thing is, I am not sure if it is applying to both the first and second statements, or just the second one that requires proof, and they still require me to CLAIM that I can get that kind of money.

Anyone with any experience here?

Edited by lennya12threh

And in the application forum it asks me how I have been, and plan to support myself and her. Now it says I don't the detailed income forum because I'm only sponsoring my wife, but I'm still not sure on how they will assess it and what the minimum is or guidelines are. I don't want to use so much time and money to get an application rejected when I could have just known what the policy is. Or in my case is it just up the opinion of some random official? I just need to write a good plan?

Edited by lennya12threh