They Treat Thai People Like Children

FarangCravings

I dont know whats wrong with them

The direct quote from the Thai movie maker about the Thai government censors

He won the leaf award and is going to be interviewed on talk Asia and CNN about his movie award, CNN is using the clip of him saying the above quote which is very accurate when you think about it

Stupid blurring out of guns cigarettes etc but totally blantant to see on thai soap operas to name just a few stupid censorships

Agree thai tv censorship is a bit weird,smokes guns etc all blurred out including a good boob,yet as you say on thai soaps guns galore and the odd machete.Still nothing is perfect,i like the fact that without understanding a word of what is said on the soaps i know exactly whats going on.

Agree thai tv censorship is a bit weird,smokes guns etc all blurred out including a good boob,yet as you say on thai soaps guns galore and the odd machete.Still nothing is perfect,i like the fact that without understanding a word of what is said on the soaps i know exactly whats going on.

You actually admit to watching that S$#@T WOW

Its banned in my house except on the special TV I have provided at the other side of the house where I cant hear it

Its not the actual content its that they are all screaming at each other at the top of the voices for the whole show and all the familly is glued to it like its the world cup final

Stabbings, shooting. beatings, all ok on a thai soap opera

Its banned in my house except on the special TV I have provided at the other side of the house where I cant hear it

Its not the actual content its that they are all screaming at each other at the top of the voices for the whole show and all the familly is glued to it like its the world cup final

but they love their soaps,i think they are a hoot.

:lol:

but they love their soaps,i think they are a hoot.

:lol:

I think they are total crap BUT it puts a smile on my face seeing the mrs enjoying it. AND no l don't watch, l am reading your stuff on TV. . :bah:

Are you deaf ? how the hel_l can you stand the volume cause if its like my place the tv dont go up any more FULL BLAST :blink:

Should it bother you that much , just pull out the cable connection enough to diconnect , silence is golden , when you later find the problem for them and see the radiant smiles , turn down the 'Racket' to a reasonable level and take the Çlicker' with you', "peace on earth_________

I heard that in the early days of Guantanamo [sp?] teleban detention/torture/resort, the most

effective and easy torture was to blast foreign cartoon network into the cells to drive them mad!!

Thais of all ages watch cartoons....they're on all day that the kids are home at high volume= I'm going mad!!!

Cartoons are equally as bad as the soapies , especially at 6.00 am in the morning .

Blessed is he who lives in a household without kids in the 3 to 90 age group.

You can tell the difference between cartoons and soapies? Oh, yeah...soapies have more cartoon noises!

I'd like to be able to string together all the cartoon noises from a Soap opera and use it as my ring tone.

Great topic. It reminds me why I always insist that the hotel takes the TV out of my room. I pay by the month and the TV is extra. If need be I can watch DVDs on my laptop. By western standards, A lot of things don't make much sense in the land of smiles.

have you ever been forced to watch those terrible Thai shows that are supposed to be funny? Just take a 4 hour bus ride in any of the Thai busses that have a TV. You can't escape and if you haven't brought ear muffs to drown out the noise then you are stuck in mind numbing idiocy. It's like the three Stooges only worse..

• Like 1

I tried to watch one of those soaps... It actually made my brain hurt. I cannot understand how can people be so absorbed with those shows.

Are there ever any mystery shows where the viewer has to follow along and think about what will happen or who did it?

Even if the government wants to write off people over 15 as being brain dead at least they could begin to create a long term programming plan to get the brains of the kids exercising.

TheWalkingMan

• Like 1

Should you be wondering why some Thai are treated like children , it is because they are children , when trying to assist with a problem . I noticed some did not have even the thinking capabilities of a 6 year old Western child , I needed to start from basics and procceed slowly , explaining as we went , this , through an interpreter , took a lot of patience .

Should you be wondering why some Thai are treated like children , it is because they are children , when trying to assist with a problem . I noticed some did not have even the thinking capabilities of a 6 year old Western child , I needed to start from basics and procceed slowly , explaining as we went , this , through an interpreter , took a lot of patience .

Perhaps the real problem was they simply weren't interested in helping with whatever it is you were doing or they were being paid by the hour.

'wintermute' timestamp='1279708076' post='3763494''dumball' timestamp='1279706192' post='3763419']

Perhaps the real problem was they simply weren't interested in helping with whatever it is you were doing or they were being paid by the hour.

Wrong on both accounts , I had heard them trying to start thier moto , as that is what I excell at , I watched and listened for indicators of the problem , when they started to strip the wrong parts off of the engine , I decided to give them my expertise . I replaced the parts they had removed and did a temporary fix for them , explaining what to do to make a permanent repair , the man who had interpreted what was said , uderstood my instructions and told me he would explain to the local mechanic , all three rode off down the soi .

Quoted by FarangCravings in the first post:

The direct quote from the Thai movie maker about the Thai government censors

Could you possibly provide a link for this please?

The seemingly 'childlike' behaviour of Thais is complicated to explain.

I simplisticalIy suggest that they only behave this way due to centuries of 'programming'. Also, Thai culture supports the continuation of such 'programming'.

The good news is that Thais are now irrevocably connected to the rest of the world & as a result, dissention is on the increase as they realise that 'following orders' is only keeping the rich folk happy.

nothing like a relationship of equals is there. isn't the way you rule your home similar to the very abuses you are ranting against? who are you treating like a child?

• Like 1

Am married to a child,shes 30 brain of a 14 year old,(bless her) but she did help me, when i picked a apron to do the dishes,

Considering you're 99 years old, that should work at well for you.

thanks gary all ways look after your elders lol