20 Countries Where Home Prices Are Rising

Global Realtor conspiracy I suppose :blink:...growth numbers are included.

I don't think the slideshow is pushing anything, It's simply noting markets where housing is not depressed. Of course, many of these countries are very lovely and yet people are leaving them for places like Thailand out due to cost of living.

Interesting how Malaysia bests Thailand yet again and presumably you could get something nice outside KUL on the island for even cheaper.

Global Realtor conspiracy I suppose :blink:...growth numbers are included.

I don't think the slideshow is pushing anything, It's simply noting markets where housing is not depressed. Of course, many of these countries are very lovely and yet people are leaving them for places like Thailand out due to cost of living.

Interesting how Malaysia bests Thailand yet again and presumably you could get something nice outside KUL on the island for even cheaper.

I like the UK figures, interesting I sold one of my properties there in 2006 for £175000 (then $350000) now 2010 it has resold for £135000 (then that would have been $270000 but now with currency changes about $205000) ??????? yet accoridng to them prices are rising, I suppose they mean from the fall of 2007 onwards so its rather misleading.

Edited by yabaaaa

Realtor hype? Who can afford those prices on typical salaries?

Aw, come on...$5MM for a house on the peak in Hong Kong...that's a deal! :whistling:

How about that 68% increase for Shanghai. I know it is true as my friend bought a condo there several years ago for about 600k and was just offered 1.2MM....wow...

I bought my condo in New York city for 399k and sold it 3 years later in 2005 for 675k. It's now going for about 800k. Crazy. My dream is not to lose money on my house here in Thailand!!!!!!! Luckily, I am a long way from wanting to sell. At least until they build that 20 story katoey apartment building next to us....

Aw, come on...$5MM for a house on the peak in Hong Kong...that's a deal! :whistling:

How about that 68% increase for Shanghai. I know it is true as my friend bought a condo there several years ago for about 600k and was just offered 1.2MM....wow...

I bought my condo in New York city for 399k and sold it 3 years later in 2005 for 675k. It's now going for about 800k. Crazy. My dream is not to lose money on my house here in Thailand!!!!!!! Luckily, I am a long way from wanting to sell. At least until they build that 20 story katoey apartment building next to us....

The house above I bought for £43000 in 1997 and sold it in 2006 for £175000 then bought 5 condos in BKK at 72 baht to the £ thanks goodness!!

The house above I bought for £43000 in 1997 and sold it in 2006 for £175000 then bought 5 condos in BKK at 72 baht to the £ thanks goodness!!

Congrats! Sometimes, timing is everything. That was sure true for me. Good stuff!

Congrats! Sometimes, timing is everything. That was sure true for me. Good stuff!

Yes , I also bought some land in various European countries 5 years ago and am sitting on it for another 10 years and hopefully Ill sell it then if "bonanza time" returns which will be nice for me as Ill be about 57 then. Fingers crossed!

Location, location, location combined with lucky buy/sell timing is a great thing; location, location, location combined with unlucky buy/sell timing is a bad thing. Plenty of both scenarios to go around.