Those Loud Oscillating Reverse Noises.

Richb2004v2

I just love it when I'm asleep in bed and someone reverses down the soi with one of those reverse effects of a spaceship taking off or some such. What a great invention, and how considerate of those who add them to their cars. Excellent. They should just have a friend sit on the back of the pick up and bang a drumm or blow down a rusty trumpet!

I just love it when I'm asleep in bed and someone reverses down the soi with one of those reverse effects of a spaceship taking off or some such. What a great invention, and how considerate of those who add them to their cars. Excellent. They should just have a friend sit on the back of the pick up and bang a drumm or blow down a rusty trumpet!

You sound like a grumpy old guy, i mean you can choose where you live. I live in a village outside of BKK and almost no problems but my neighbors wake up early to make food for the markets. They sometimes wake me up, then you can do 2 things.. move or suck it up. I choose the latter. In Thailand people dont seem to care much about others sound wise, i have accepted that a long time ago

:lol: it took me weeks to work out what the heck those space ship noises were.

6 am every morning i could her one everyday I stomped to my balcony looked down at the soi and couldn't see any UFO just a silver minibus reversing out the soi

Eventually i clued in as the days passed by and I watched the minivan while trying to locate the UFO noise.

I quite like 'em better than the automated "reversing" squeaking voices or the loud "beep beep beep" on trucks back home..

These are illegal on private cars in the UK for very good reason, they are a right royal pain in the butt (and serve no purpose) when it's 2 in the morning :(

That said, they have their place and I'm sure have saved at least one person from being squashed, they should however include an 'off' switch, of course this would require a modicum of common from the vehicle driver. Thailand? not going to happen.

I have one that plays a particularly annoying rendition of the 'Titanic' music switchable with the 'Airtel' sound (bought in India) and yes, it has an off switch (off mostly).

Edit, maybe I should move this to Motoring :)