Tv-Dvd-External Speakers

gennisis

Having just moved house I need to re-setup my TV and DVD system.

I now have a HD True reciever which is connected with a HDM1 cable direct to the TV....gives sound and audio.

The DVD recorder is connected to the component outlets of the True reciever...red...white & yellow cables for any recording

The outlets of the DVD are....yellow video to the TV....red/white audio to the separate speakers.

1 .....The TV operates direct from the True reciever for audio and video.The TV needs to be set for HDM1 signal.

2....The DVD operates with an AV1 output signal,so to operate the DVD recordings I have to set the TV for a AV1 signal.

My questions are .1........,when in the HDM1 mode does the DVD still recieve a signal so that I can record via the component cables........ 2 ,,,,,, am I right in thinking that in HDM1 TV viewing,the audio will come from both the TV speakers and the external speakers...which I want,

3,,,,,,The component video cable trom the DVD to the TV will not affect the TV which is recieving the HDM1 signal

.To you guys who know TV and Audio,this may be very simple to you...but I dont want to blow up my new Plasma TV by feeding it two signals at the same time.

scan0001.tif

To test whether the True HD box really do simultaneous composite and HDMI output, you need to connect both outputs to your TV set and switch between HDMI and composite (Yellow cable) - if both have picture then you're okay with the way it's setup.

Usually component is 3 cables (not including audio) and is usually color coded Red, Green and Blue (RGB). - The single cable is is composite and if you want to record anything - I would strongly suggest that you use at least component, if the True HD have such connections available (5 cables - incl. audio), as you get much improved picture quality.

As I don't have a true HD box, and I see that it have HDMI + composite, I presume it will have a built in scaler, so as long as it outputs simultaneously from HDMI and composite, I really don't see anything wrong with your setup as such (Except that going component from DVD to TV and The True BOX would improve picture quality both when you record but also when you playback).

The difference between composite and component is quite significant.