Forum Issues And Suggestions

Tywais

Hi There , I`ve tried JsetsetBkk`s sugestion , and NADA, even to post this , I first got an on screen error message , and then signed in again just to be able to do this post , Its doing my ed in !:annoyed:

You probably still have an old Thaivisa cookie somewhere. I had the same problem.

Do a search on your system drive for file name thiavisa, make sure you also search system and hidden files. Then delete everything found with *thaivisa*.txt in the name.

This should do the trick.

opalhort

• 3 weeks later...

Since the new format came into operation with its multitude of ads , when I click on a topic , a thread , next page or whatever , it takes a long time for the lights on my modem to stop flashing before I scroll down the page , I presume it is the ads being regurgitated as I used to see them at the bottom of the page doing just that . I have become so frustrated with more time spent with this problem rather than viewing or responding to posts , I am ready to quit TV . I do not have this problem with any other forum I visit nor any web pages so I do not feel it is a computer problem but more to do with your set up in some way or another , please fix it .

I also have the problem when responding to posts as someone else noted , my time and effort just goes to outer space or wherever else , post gone .

Can you take away the "Promote to article" button on every post.

Obviously only Mods and Admin can do that.

I thought first that this was for suggesting mods to promote this, but it's not.

Error msg:

[#10CCS6] You do not have permission to promote posts to articles.

Those links are for the new newspaper-style website which is being developed. "Promote to article" will mean that a thread is good enough to be loaded into the newspaper site.

It was available for all to see for a while, but has since been blocked for normal members - presumably it's been reverted for only mods and admins to see while they work on it. It looks very nice though - will be a great addition to ThaiVisa when it finally goes live I think.

'dumball' timestamp='1284426539' post='3881779']

Thank you guys , downloading has improved dramatically , still a tad slow but I can sure live with that , KUDOS for the alacrity .

Well guys , I have no idea what has happened , early this morning all was fine whether you did anything or not , now here I am at a little after eleven and it's all back to where it was "I'm just acrying in the rain , same o'le bullsh_it once again "??????????????????????????

• 1 month later...

Also, you now have to log in once every 7 days, according to George, so I guess the new cookies "expire" after 7 days.

My understanding is that is only if you have not logged in at anytime within 7 days as the cookies get refreshed with the time when you connect. I've not had to log in for a few weeks now since the cookie upgrade. For those having the login problem, use JetsetBkk's suggestion or read the first post in this topic.

Just checking back through old posts...

I went upcountry for about 10 days (can't remember exactly how long - you know how it is :rolleyes:) and I didn't have to log in when accessing Thaivisa again.