Televison in Chiang Mai

Niloc

Can anyone suggest a television provider in CN?

We watch BBC and Aljazeera home in Pai but I cannot find a company in CM who can supply, some Australian channels would be nice

Thanks,

Colin in Chiang Mai....

Try WETV. As far as I know TRUE and DREAMBOX don't offer Aljazeera. The other option is a satelite system.

Truevisions offer BBC and CNN, but unfortunately not Al Jazeera. To get both BBC and CNN you will have to sign up for their gold package at 1,548 Baht a month. It is overpriced, unless like me you want it for something particular, in my case Premier League football. The movies are crap, some documentaries are OK though, but so many repeats.

WE TV has Aljazeera but not BBC or CNN. They do have Fox News and US language news channels from Singapore, Australia and Japan. The German and French news channels may sometimes broadcast in English but don't seem to be speaking it whenever I tune in. They have three movie channels that show English language movies. They're "home grown" channels with very eclectic programing. In the span of two weeks we watched everything from old classics like Ben Hur and Rear Window, modern classics like Saving Private Ryan and Lord of the Rings, romantic comedies like Notting Hill and 27 Dresses, thrillers, horror movies and all matter of action flicks. Their movie schedules are on their website. All in all, it's a very good deal for just 350 baht/month.

Oh, and yes, you can hook up your computer to your TV. Hubby handled this tech innovation for us, buying some special cables and (I think) downloading some program. Someone else on this forum could give you the details or you could come to one of the Tuesday afternoon meetings of the Computer Club and the scoop from them.

Niloc, Hubby first hooked up the computer to the dinosaur TV in our old place. That took some doing, but he finally got it to work. Our current condo came with a fairly new, flat screen TV and Hubby was in 7th Heaven to discover it already had all the right holes on the side for connection to a computer.

I've never posted a link on this forum before. So, here's my first effort -- the page where you can access the movie schedules on the WE TV site:

http://www.wetv.co.t...nload_onair.php

Thanks again Nancy, the map is handy so we will call in to see them, I hope they have cable where we are, (Gardenland), it appears there is plenty to choose from!!

Colin

WETV is good value for the money ,they will even come to your home to collect each months payment .I changed from UBC and we are quite happy with the service.

Niloc, Hubby first hooked up the computer to the dinosaur TV in our old place. That took some doing, but he finally got it to work. Our current condo came with a fairly new, flat screen TV and Hubby was in 7th Heaven to discover it already had all the right holes on the side for connection to a computer.

I've never posted a link on this forum before. So, here's my first effort -- the page where you can access the movie schedules on the WE TV site:

I live in a hotel and am not sure what they have. Is wetv the one with the sci fi and universal channels. Both are sub titled in Thai. Makes the wife happy

I live in a hotel and am not sure what they have. Is wetv the one with the sci fi and universal channels. Both are sub titled in Thai. Makes the wife happy

Yes, that sounds like WETV.

Funny thing about the link above is that it still has the programming schedule for BBC and CNN, stations they dropped many months ago.