Pattaya Fireworks Festival 14Th August 2010?

magmur

Yes, the couple big barges are floating out near the shores of where Pattaya Klang hits Beach Road. This is where the fireworks will be fire from - I am assuming. There are vendors setting up along the road also... It has been announced that the ceremony will begin at 7:30pm but that would most likely be the greetings, speeches and such first... so maybe 8:30? 9:30????

Beach Rd shut down from Dolphin to Klang as of 6PM. Looks like they could close the rest of Beach. Traffic is already a mess. Lots of walking. Word on the street that there will be a SMALL FIREWORK SHOW TONIGHT, FRIDAY.

The main show tomarrow Sat night. Barges are from Soi 3 to 5. My vantage point might be upper floors of new Central Shopping. At least you got transportation to and from.

Good Luck ;)

okay, but what time will it start???

let me know please.

If you look back at the earlier posts in the thread, I think it says that it will start around 7:30-8:00, but TIT so that may be somewhat flexible. They can't leave it too late, though, as 11 countries all have to have their turn and that will take time. What will happen if we get torrential rain I don't know, but the weather radar at the moment shows very little rain over changwat Chonburi, in spite of the ominous grey cloud. Fingers crossed for a dry night, anyway.

Traffic was pretty bad getting to beach road. Suk was a real mess. But! The show was fantastic. One of the longest fireworks shows I have ever seen.

We got lucky and found a hotel that was letting people up on it's 9th floor roof. Even pulled out chairs for us and had a bar setup too! It was fantastic. Perfect viewing area and luckily, no rain. The hotel was the Pattaya Beach Hotel. Right in front of the main barge.

Nice running into Raro and Phil Conners...hope to see you guys again soon...

The fireworks was the best. Show was on live TV with music and comentary in Thai. Beach Rd was standing room only with the beach covered in chairs. Metal detectors into the beach area was used. Did not see any alcohol drink on beach.

A good time was had by all. Hats off to the Thai for a job well done.