Pattaya Fireworks Festival 14Th August 2010?

magmur

I read a few weeks ago that there will be a big fireworks festival in Pattaya at HM the Queens birthday 12th of August 2010, does anyone know anything about that???

thanks for reply warm regards Mag

On my August notes, I have August 14 blocked as "International Fireworks Festival" being held in Pattaya at Soi 4. It is tied to the Queen's birthday.

Run this google search and you will get everything you need:

http://www.google.com/search?q=international+fireworks+festival+pattaya+august&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

On my August notes, I have August 14 blocked as "International Fireworks Festival" being held in Pattaya at Soi 4. It is tied to the Queen's birthday.

Run this google search and you will get everything you need:

http://www.google.com/search?q=international+fireworks+festival+pattaya+august&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Try this link its to a calendar of events taking place all over Thailand including the fireworks competition in Pattaya.

http://thailandlandofsmiles.com/events-calender/?month=aug&yr=2010

• 2 weeks later...

I posted that the date of this event was August 14 ... to coincide with the Queen's birthday on August 12. Various other sources (using the google search below) show the date as the 14th ....

http://www.google.co...l=&oq=&gs_rfai=

However, today's news is contradicting previous reports and now I am confused.

"City gets ready for fireworks festival in August"

"... on the day of the event, Thursday, August 12th, with the daytime events starting at 2 pm ... "

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=23309

"International Fireworks Display"

" ... on international fireworks display day on the 12th August ... "

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=23158

Rimmer reposted what I read in Pattayaone showing the date as August 14:

http://www.thaivisa....eworks-contest/

And a previous report:

"Although the Queen's birthday is officially August 12th, the fireworks event is expected to be held on August 14th, which is a Saturday, the newspaper reported."

For those who asked about where it was happening, I found this:

"The competition pontoons will be set up in front of Pattaya Beach Soi 4, ensuring ample good viewing points are available along the foreshore, or from other nearby high vantage points, while onshore entertainment and performances will ensure the whole day becomes a massive festival."

Name Change?

" ... the event, now officially named "The Queens Honorary International Fireworks Celebration"

So, if any of you know who to call to get solid information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Everything I've seen has said the 14th and Soi 4. We were by there yesterday and there's a big stage being setup, but that could be for the food fair starting today or tomorrow. Not sure.

I am guessing a great place to watch would be just past Bali Hai pier on that stretch of road by the bay heading over to Jomtien. What do you guys think? I'd like to avoid the area near Soi 4 as I bet it will be packed.

Everything I've seen has said the 14th and Soi 4. We were by there yesterday and there's a big stage being setup, but that could be for the food fair starting today or tomorrow. Not sure.

I am guessing a great place to watch would be just past Bali Hai pier on that stretch of road by the bay heading over to Jomtien. What do you guys think? I'd like to avoid the area near Soi 4 as I bet it will be packed.

A good place to watch it would be from the viewpoint by the Met Station on Pratumnak Hill. Assuming that it will be open at night - does anyone know if it is? Or is a den of thieves and muggers after dark?

Soi 4....Convenient for Pattaya International Hospital for those who get injured. Pity the sick in the hospital wards.

One can only hope it is being held on barges on the sea near soi 4 rather than actually in the soi!! But this is Pattaya so anything can happen...

hi Mods, can the title be changed please

this event is on the 14th August not the 12th

it starts at 2pm with the closing of the Beach road from Pattaya Klang to the the Dusit roundabout

best viewing areas will be along that area:

i walked it the other day to note the best spots

high floor Northpoint owners will be in for a real treat

if i had a front facing unit there one there i would be selling tickets

Markland restaurant on the roof, if you can get up there

the lounges and decks at the two Titanics if you can get on or in there

the Holiday Inn rooms, Gullivers frontage, Amari tower restaurant, lounge and rooms

all would be fine viewing points

the hill will probably be too far away to enjoy the finer details of the competition

events throughout the afternoon include the ubiquitous markets stalls, street entertainers etc

there is a band area at the end of soi 4 on the beach side which will present live music

the fireworks will be launched from pontoons moored at sea opposite soi 4

apparently the main event starts at 7-30 ish but more likely to be 8-30 ish (thai time)

i hope that helps

hi Mods, can the title be changed please

this event is on the 14th August not the 12th

it starts at 2pm with the closing of the Beach road from Pattaya Klang to the the Dusit roundabout

best viewing areas will be along that area:

i walked it the other day to note the best spots

high floor Northpoint owners will be in for a real treat

if i had a front facing unit there one there i would be selling tickets

Markland restaurant on the roof, if you can get up there

the lounges and decks at the two Titanics if you can get on or in there

the Holiday Inn rooms, Gullivers frontage, Amari tower restaurant, lounge and rooms

all would be fine viewing points

the hill will probably be too far away to enjoy the finer details of the competition

events throughout the afternoon include the ubiquitous markets stalls, street entertainers etc

there is a band area at the end of soi 4 on the beach side which will present live music

the fireworks will be launched from pontoons moored at sea opposite soi 4

apparently the main event starts at 7-30 ish but more likely to be 8-30 ish (thai time)

i hope that helps

Thanks. I also asked in a couple of bars last night and was assured that it was the 14th, not the 12th. Saturday night - more sensible than the 12th as it will allow people to travel here from Bangkok and other nearby cities. So my teelac's coming down from Laem Chabang and we'll watch it from the condo roof.

Where is a good place to park the car? Then a short walk to Soi 4.

have breakfast at Tropical Berts' and stay there over lunch and probably over night and breakfast again and you have a) a chance to actually park in the vicinity, B) sober out in crawling distance of the event and c) have decent food. B)

Thinking about it....that might be a plan! Got any rooms free?

oh man... i have a dog who goes turns into a quivering wreak with fireworks.... last time he actually chewed on the aluminum door trying to get into the house.. lucky he didn't break his teeth...

TBH, In this day and age i really don't understand the fascination people have with fireworks... see one or two of the flipping things and its all the same after that <_<

heres an update to the events:

there will be no deck chairs on the beach friday or saturday from the Dusit hotel end of the beach to central road

this is to facilitate beach clean up operations and to discourage folks from getting in the way of the organisers of the firework festival

Hi all,

I don't want to sound commercial here but.

The hotel here at Ocean Marina is doing a boat charter with buffet meal and cruise from Ocean Marina to Pattaya and back to Ocean Marina. Cost is 3,000 baht per head. PM me if your interested and I can get them to give you more details. I am not sure of departure and return times, but it is about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on how fast the boat goes from Ocean Marina to Pattaya, so it must be about 5 or 6 hour cruise.

so r u all saying that its not tonight the 12th but the 14th?

yes indeed its the evening of 14th

today's up date is the arrival of four, what look like derelict container ships, moored about 400yards offshore between Dusit hotel and central road junction

they are huge rust buckets and look like they have been under the water for years rather than upon it

there's lots of activity going on, massive electrical transformers every where, camera gantries being assembled,

a stage has appeared on the big area of undeveloped land .

its certainly surprised me

i thought it would be an altogether smaller affair

should be a blast!

i heard a late entry was requested by the RED SHIRTS team but it was politely declined.......

Depends on the weather whether I will go. Glad it wasn't tonight!

Was thinking that myself, that massive rain cloud that descended on the City would have been a bit of a party pooper!! It was a strange day, it rained all morning, then cleared to massive sunshine and a beautiful afternoon, and then honked it down again all evening! It certainly needs to be better than that for Saturday night. Looking at the countries taking part its looking like we could be in one hel_l of a show!