Insects In Thailand

Jai Dee

Yesterday I was mowing the lawn, and I had to move a couple of potted plants so I could cut the grass behind them.

As I moved one of the pots, I noticed movement... a black thing that I initially thought was a large dirt spider... but on closer inspection, appeared to be a cross between a spider and a scorpion. A very aggressive little SOB he was too... :o

What do you reckon he is?

And what other strange insect life have you encountered in Thailand?

Its the highly venomous Leaping Spordion. Usually found under toilet seats and attracted by white skin tones it is responsible for many very painful stings to the nether regions of the unwary.

Usually only found in the far north of Thailand/

my ex Thai-BF fed this one ..it ate worm..and i pretend that i was fine with its, really itchy when it walked on my hand..

http://www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/photos/art/tarantula.jpg

Bambi :o

ps..i'd better pick the pic off..if u wanna see the skanky pic, follow the link..(in thai it called BEUNG ) relative of Tarantula

Edited by BambinA

my ex Thai-BF fed this one ..it ate worm..and i pretend that i was fine with its, really itchy when it walked on my hand..

Bloody ######, I don't have to imagine why the BF is an ex. I would be outta there about 1 metre before it got anyware near my hand. :o