Suzuki Jeep

Phuket electrician

I have the ubiquitous Suzuki Jeep/death trap us foreigners tend to drive. It is a 1991 model with an interesting history. From my UK driving experience it is well past it,s sell by date. However we try to maintain it with regular servicing etc and what ever garage we randomly take it to, they just :D whilst ripping us off. For example the Suzuki garage in Phuket town attempted to correct a steering problem last year without success for the handsome fee of 8000 farts. :o Recently the problem reoccured with the steering wheel wobbling violently at 50km/hr :D so we try another random garage on the Choa fa - east . It,s the wheel bearing were told only 150 fart to correct hello, that sounds great. So we leave the death trap there for a few hrs. Return to collect and what do you know - wheel bearing (s) four off; wheel hub 3500 baht; grease etc total bill 5900 farts. :D OK at least the cars fixed right? Not on your nelly. Now we have to drive everywhere at 49km/hr :D to avoid the violent steering wheel wobble. All I need is a few second hand parts a conscientious - mechanic - or is that asking too much? What a bunch of c@#ts : :D

Edited by Phuket electrician

I have the ubiquitous Suzuki Jeep/death trap us foreigners tend to drive. It is a 1991 model with an interesting history.  From my UK driving experience it is well past it,s sell by date.  However we try to maintain it with regular servicing etc and what ever garage we randomly take it to, they just  :D  whilst ripping us off.  For example the Suzuki garage in Phuket town attempted to correct a steering problem last year without success for the handsome fee of 8000 farts. :o  Recently the problem reoccured with the steering wheel wobbling violently at 50km/hr :D  so we try another random garage on the Choa fa - east .  It,s the wheel bearing were told only 150 fart to correct hello, that sounds great.  So we leave the death trap there for a few hrs.  Return to collect and what do you know - wheel bearing (s) four off; wheel hub 3500 baht; grease etc total bill 5900 farts.  :D OK at least the cars fixed right?  Not on your nelly.  Now we have to drive everywhere at 49km/hr  :D to avoid the violent steering wheel wobble.  All I need is a few second hand parts a conscientious - mechanic - or is that asking too much?  What a bunch of c@#ts : :D

Welcome to the club. :D

Read my posts: Doesn't anybody in Thailand how fo fix anything?

You ain't seen nothin' yet :D

Saludos, the ol' Capt. :D

Suggest you get the wheels rebalanced. Any tire retailer should be able to do it.

I had this problem with a car years ago. It was the front Shockers. No probs after I renewed them.

I agree.

Having owned and maintained more than 30 cars in my lifetime. The out of balance problem almost always occcured around 50 mph, (80 km/hr) at least with 14 or 15 inch wheels. Of course the problem could be exacerbated by worn out shocks as well.

But why couldn't a reasonably intelligent technician come up with this diagnosis ?

(Because they are more scarse as hen's teeth in LOL :o )

Balance.. shockers.. Bearing 'if' the wheel had wobble not only grinding..

Now if I could just foind someone that could diagnose why I get roo juice (stutters) if I floor it at any time (even to get up hills).. Drive 2/3rd throttle and it will run all day.. full throttle will give it stutters that last that day and even sometimes after standing..

Fuel is clean.. No discernable crud / water in tank or carb.. Elecy checked loads by previous owner (total wrong path IMHO).. Its fuel related but its still a mystery to me..

Have a recent model Suzuki Jeep that has now over 40k on the clock.Had an alternator fault,got a new rebuilt one fitted failed in two weeks as did the replacement!Eventually found a decent auto electrican who fitted a new cut out to the original one and no problems since.

Suzuki Pattaya are the worse dealership I've ever been in for sevice,Totally incompetant staff and workshop management with no idea at all,and tried to rip me off as well and when found out were very rude.

Suzuki Udon Thani excellent service and very helpful way above my expectations.

Finding a man that can problem solve and fix things isn't easy but they are out there you just have to keep trying.

Edited by chaiyapoon