Problems With Cat In Sangkha (Surin)

AA1

Is anyone else in the Sangka area having problems getting problems getting CDMA EV-DO reception in the Sangkha area?? It has been deteriorating for the past few weeks until today I cannot even get any reception at all!! I have had to turn my arial round 180 degrees to get some reception from a CAT mast much further away. Help. Help!!

I am putting this on Isaan Forum as it affects Isaan Expats in this area!!

Yes i had same issue, they have turned the antenna on tower to serve more demanding area, after 7 months of on and off i bought a cell repeater and what a difference, sad thing it helped all the people in my area too and i paid for it , around $300 usd, http://www.hotware.asia/3gcellrepeaters.html

No other surinfarangs have reported similar findings in the local forums?

Thanks for your comments and letting us know what you have done about it.

Wildoates - Well done and thanks for all your work, Let's hope it produces some results!!!!!

I am now back on adequate speed using Sangkha (I can Skype!) and the only useful result of the problem is that I now know that I am within reach of another CAT mast even though it is much further away!

Edited by AA1

• 7 months later...

What is everyone using by way of internet connection in Sangkha these days? I'm looking to move there or thereabouts in about 6 months (trip planned shortly) but wondering what my options are in absence of a phone line.

Or should I say, not being the most techy of people, trying to get my head round the various options.

Currently looking at smartphones so I can potentially get online via a mobile. Is that providing a decent connection for anyone and what sort of package are you on? What about aircards and other dongle-like devices? Any other alternatives? No idea what CDMA EV-DO is but as it's via CAT I presume via a mobile?

Thanks for any input.

TCA

Have had problems with them for months, I collected 4 times a day network speeds, and sent them to the main office, they finally acknowledge that the system was overloaded and they where going to fix it......

This has been ongoing for some time. Seems to me, if they wish to provide a broad service of quality then they need to get their act together in terms of consistency. TIT