Truevisions Program Guide

petedk

I've always bookmarked and used the Truevisions program guide at : http://www.truevisio...=43&pk=0&mode=3 to see what's on TV each day.

Nowadays the page doesn't open so I've tried Googling and get the following link: http://www.truevisio...m/home_af7.aspx but this seems to be about Academy Fantasia which I am absolutely not interested in.

Does anyone know what's happened? How can I see the daily program schedule?

I did notice that since I had the HD reciever I can now access all programs for the day for all the channels by pressing the'guide'button on the handset.(Humax)...dont know if this is specific to the HD/Humax though.

dont know if this is specific to the HD/Humax though

maybe, I use my Dreambox if I go to True click and channel click OK so the info comes up at the bottom of picture then click the RED button I get all the 200 channels and start times, click the forward arrow and found all are listed at least for the next 3 weeks, some start dropping off [the line is blank] after 3 weeks.

For me the True 'Program Guide' would be of no use as I have sorted all the channels I watch into groups and order, so the 1st 4 pages are the channels I watch..

Done the same on all the other satellites as well. My memory is not what it used to be, find this is so much easier.

Thanks guys. It works perfectly with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 from Vista. Installed Firefox but not all the plug-ins. I didn't want to install the plug ins because I was fed up with Firefox crashing. Looks like I'll have to do it anyway.

I did notice that since I had the HD reciever I can now access all programs for the day for all the channels by pressing the'guide'button on the handset.(Humax)...dont know if this is specific to the HD/Humax though.

I am still using an analogue decoder so no possibilities there.

• 7 months later...

Program guide? What program guide?

In the past, UBC/Truevision had a decent set of HTML pages with program listings for the month ahead. I.E., as of today (March 1), you could see all of April. This also used to be true for HBO/CM and Star.

But these days the movie channel web pages have shifted into glitzy nonsense what does away with useful schedule info (at least in a form I can easily use for what's on a few weeks ahead).

And True forces us to use a Flash program that is tricky to use and gives strange results sometimes. Worse, we can't copy the results. I found a program that can convert bitmap to text, but that is a cumbersome step to have to take.

I've complained and begged them to provide another way to get the schedule info on-line. But so far, nothing has changed. They don't seem to understand or agree that there is a problem.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else agrees with me. Have you complained? I think if enough people did, they might do something. I suggested a button that would export search results to a window for copying, a downloadable file, or even an an email. With Flash that's not so easy, I suppose, but there has to be a way. <_<

I have asked if they have an option for a reduced monthly fee by choosing not to receive the printed version of the guide as I never look at it. Of course they said no. They do not entertain any suggestions for improving their service. The fiasco over dropping BBC E is a good example

• 4 weeks later...

I have asked if they have an option for a reduced monthly fee by choosing not to receive the printed version of the guide as I never look at it. Of course they said no. They do not entertain any suggestions for improving their service. The fiasco over dropping BBC E is a good example

Its not intended as a program guide its a food guide ,more than 50 % of the pages are devoted to advertising "fast food".Obviously its another income stream, information forget it, this is TRUE

Its not intended as a program guide its a food guide ,more than 50 % of the pages are devoted to advertising "fast food".Obviously its another income stream, information forget it, this is TRUE

Looking at it that way I guess you are right. Too much money to be made not only through advertising but also for some crony who has the contract for printing the mag.

Thanks guys. It works perfectly with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 from Vista. Installed Firefox but not all the plug-ins. I didn't want to install the plug ins because I was fed up with Firefox crashing. Looks like I'll have to do it anyway.

Works with Firefox for me.

No problems with crashes either, though I did have to delete a few plug-ins a couple of months back.

Try clearing your cookies.

Have a look at last months magazine --- and play a game --- other than some sport spot the program change! :ph34r:

I wrote the original posting July last year. Since then I have been able to access the program guide. I think the link I had was corrupted or something.

• 10 months later...

If you have an Android device this app. in the market is amazing:

Tru eVisions Online Schedule

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.js.truevisions&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qcy50cnVldmlzaW9ucyJd

From an Android phone, it is better on a Tablet. (search criteria, today, gold, movies)

post-9615-0-39748000-1329273317_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo