London To Host Olympics In 2012

Expect to see this Headline on Wednesday, as the Olympics returns to the place where gentlemanly sport and the original Olympic ethos was invented.

Feeling confident are we Moog.....does this mean that you are peeking through the windows of Raffles Hotel as we speak....? :o

Looks good for London considering last weekend's timely demonstration of competent crowd control/organisation/security- Tennis/cricket/G8 concert etc. The judges couldn't have missed all that. I'm very proud the 2010 winter Olympics are being held in Vancouver/Whistler. Having said that, Oz put on a great event, with fantastic results. Good on 'em!

I can't see London getting the nod over Paris as there appears to be this 'promise' made to Paris after they agreed to take their foot off the gas in the campaign which saw Athens win, that they would be given preference in 2012.

Edited by ProfessorFart

According to the Bookies it looks like a near thing but with the amount of wonga,prestige and national pride involved no doubt every trick in the book will have been attempted.

For the time being lets just wait and see (wanna bet?.........my nag is still running) :o

Looking on the plus side however it would sure be one ###### of a regeneration of Stratford and the lower Lee Valley areas (east end mate..east end) and with the amounts being waved about ...anything up to £5 billion pounds,not including Crossrail (est £12 B)we might even get a little railway line one day....that works.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUURRAAAHHHHHHHHHH. still won't go there though

Congratulations flooded in from all over the world.

Canada,USA,Germany,Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Belgium,Holland,Thailand,Australia,New Zealand and even France said well done.

Siam Superfly said' You'll get whitewashed'

Lampie will probably expect the Poms to top the medal count now.....home ground advantage and all that..... :D

Madrid and NYC really had no chance....considering the terrorist actions there....I am sure that weighed on the minds of the officials....

Anyway Congrats to the Poms......you finally won something.... :o:D

Lampie will probably expect the Poms to top the medal count now.....home ground advantage and all that..... :D

Madrid and NYC really had no chance....considering the terrorist actions there....I am sure that weighed on the minds of the officials....

Anyway Congrats to the Poms......you finally won something.... :o  :D

And why not ? now that Darts,Snooker,Shove-halfpenny,Cribbage,Dominoes,Bat & Trap,Skittles,Bar Billiards,Morris Dancing & Croquet are included. :D

Expect to see this Headline on Wednesday, as the Olympics returns to the place where gentlemanly sport and the original Olympic ethos was invented.

oh you mean Hackney Marshes ?

wonder what all the visiting athletes will make of the area ?

low life boondocks area !!

Freds Cafe will be doing a roaring trade in greasy brekkies !!

And why not ? now that Darts,Snooker,Shove-halfpenny,Cribbage,Dominoes,Bat & Trap,Skittles,Bar Billiards,Morris Dancing & Croquet are included. :D

Don't forget the Senior's Rock and Film Quiz - I understand secret training in this event has been going on in several countries for the last couple of weeks.

Don't forget the Senior's Rock and Film Quiz - I understand secret training in this event has been going on in several countries for the last couple of weeks.

Don't leave off Aunt Sally! (top notch game and no one dare get a BLOB)

Been stuck in a meeting all afternoon and just heard the news...... :D well well who would have thought it... :o:D

As I mentioned earlier one of the advantages of a project like this is that we might just about ...one day....get a wee railway line that might work..... :D

The Chinese have built a mag lev that will take their visitors from Shianghai airport into town at 300 miles an hour but dont think theres much chance of that ..but...u never know....

Incid someone mentioned who will pay the Bill...answer...we will ...as well as a contribution from central goverment.(estimated total outlay give or take the odd sov. @ £50 Billion quid)

Believe that all us "appy Londoners (although located in England its not really english) will be seeing our rates bill go up by approx £20 a year as a contribution which in comparision to the whole adventure is peanuts.....wot :D .....more than ha bt...ha bt.. :D

Anyway Great result and will put us exactly where we should be and that of course is.....On TOP of The World :D

Can we get it right though there was the Dome The London Eye then the Milleniam Bridge and what a balls up we made of them I think it will be a embarresment but who knows what can happen is 7 years enough time. At least the French did not get it.

Can we get it right though there was the Dome The London Eye then the Milleniam Bridge and what a balls up we made of them I think it will be a embarresment but who knows what can happen is 7 years enough time.  At least the French did not get it.

We didn't make a mess of the Commonwealth Games. That was a huge success. And yes, at least the Frogs didn't get it :o:D

mr BoJ