Racechip Pro Dyno & 1/4 Mile Results

Can one of our experts please tell me why diesels seem to use so much fuel whilst idling. I have noticed the average fuel consumption readings dropping whilst just sitting in traffic as described above down from 12.5 to 12.1 whilst on the BKK toll road and this after lots of kms establishing the 12.5 average?

Because when idling, you're getting exactly 0KM/L ;)

Its Chuckle Time Again.!!Turn it off then, and note the improvement.!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of our experts please tell me why diesels seem to use so much fuel whilst idling. I have noticed the average fuel consumption readings dropping whilst just sitting in traffic as described above down from 12.5 to 12.1 whilst on the BKK toll road and this after lots of kms establishing the 12.5 average?

diesels use extremely little fuel when idling, and thus generate extremely little heat, thus the need for an electric or fuel burning heating device in cold climates, to provide heat for cabin heater.

My 2001 Benz E220Cdi would idling never reach more than 60C when minus 10C weather, without heater engaged

and yes switch off the dam_n fuel display, outside temp is much more interesting ;)

I think the word we are looking for is "stationary". cool.gif

I too was under the impression that a diesel engine used far less fuel at idle power setting than an equivalent gasoline engine.

remove cat to let turbo spool up more rapidly, in other words at lower rpm

Ok, so that would mean taking it off and replacing it when the car went in for service. Do you know the cost of the replacement pipe and where you can buy it?

PJS its like 2k baht in polished stainless, tuna I dont know, but any steel shop can make it in plain steel for peanuts .

Toyota wont do it tho, and it voids warranty

makes you vehicle much louder, how much louder on tuna I dont know

remove cat to let turbo spool up more rapidly, in other words at lower rpm

Ok, so that would mean taking it off and replacing it when the car went in for service. Do you know the cost of the replacement pipe and where you can buy it?

I always found that just a tad over 2000rpm was a good setting however if you read the booklet that comes with the racechip-pro, you can adjust by turning clock dial 2 but only 1 or 2 clicks at a time, it explains it in the booklet.

There are other adjustment that can be made but you would need to ask Racechip about it, and from what I have heard to be kind, they are not much help.

Edited by Kwasaki

• 3 months later...

guys i recently chipped my PJS 2.5L year 2011 and i found that when i step on the gas, there is noticeable amount of black smoke coming out, any of you out there facing this issue?

You could be just blowing the crap out of the exhaust or the diesel quality, Fill with a tank of Shell V-Power, It will clean out the crap from your fuel system and give more go, but l think you should check the factory settings on the dials for your application. Email RC and ask for settings. If OK then tinker with the settings moving the dials one click at a time.

Topic '' Cheap Diesel Performance " has a lot of info.

guys i recently chipped my PJS 2.5L year 2011 and i found that when i step on the gas, there is noticeable amount of black smoke coming out, any of you out there facing this issue?

You could be just blowing the crap out of the exhaust or the diesel quality, Fill with a tank of Shell V-Power, It will clean out the crap from your fuel system and give more go, but l think you should check the factory settings on the dials for your application. Email RC and ask for settings. If OK then tinker with the settings moving the dials one click at a time.

Topic '' Cheap Diesel Performance " has a lot of info.

He will be needing a new car by the time his read that. biggrin.png

My car is only 3 months old and I have just done 5000km on it. The diesel in los is really so dirty?

Does that mean non of you out there who chipped their car blow out black smoke?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Only time our old PJS ever blew black smoke was after the wife had been driving it solely for week or more - first full throttle from me when I got in would make a small cloud of it though. As some others have noted, you will notice significantly less black smoke if using only Shell V-power, and if giving it the nuts reguarly ;)

just tried a full tank of shell vpower diesel. the first few throttles is still gonna have black smoke right? because when i accelerated i can see a trail of black smoke behind my PJS.

The V-Power fuel will clean the system over a few tank fill's and all who have used it here (I think) don't get the black smoke. If after my advise you still have fog then it is over fueling and you must adjust the internal dials inside the chip.

Sunday 12th Feb 2012, while in Pattaya i visited Gerald Reinert, the German guy who was the origional mastermind behind the Racechip product but produces and sell his under the origional name of SPEEDKIT powered by Reinert Tuning. After some discussion about the different models he sells, 4 in all, I decided to fit his Top of the Range ECO-Wireless System to my Pajero 3.2lt GT. This gives me the option of choosing the Extra HP i want at any time ALL by Remote Control. I can choose at the press of a button to have standard HP or 33%, 66%, 100% Power Increase Plus the option of an Economy Mode if just highway cruiseing and he fitted it in just a few minutes. This morning i departed Pattaya at 7am to head home to Mukdahan and once out onto the open road i started to test the acceleration in different gears and on hills etc and could not believe the difference this gadget makes, and i had it set on the 100% Eco mode but felt like i had a V8 under the bonnet. I was also looking for Black Smoke in the mirrors but didn't notice anything and the White back of the car was still White when i got home but i always run on V-Power so that maybe why. Come for a visit MRO and bring your delicious gadget with you to give this thing a test. 12,000 Baht well spent i think, can't wait to play with it some more.

Sunday 12th Feb 2012, while in Pattaya i visited Gerald Reinert, the German guy who was the origional mastermind behind the Racechip product but produces and sell his under the origional name of SPEEDKIT powered by Reinert Tuning. After some discussion about the different models he sells, 4 in all, I decided to fit his Top of the Range ECO-Wireless System to my Pajero 3.2lt GT. This gives me the option of choosing the Extra HP i want at any time ALL by Remote Control. I can choose at the press of a button to have standard HP or 33%, 66%, 100% Power Increase Plus the option of an Economy Mode if just highway cruiseing and he fitted it in just a few minutes. This morning i departed Pattaya at 7am to head home to Mukdahan and once out onto the open road i started to test the acceleration in different gears and on hills etc and could not believe the difference this gadget makes, and i had it set on the 100% Eco mode but felt like i had a V8 under the bonnet. I was also looking for Black Smoke in the mirrors but didn't notice anything and the White back of the car was still White when i got home but i always run on V-Power so that maybe why. Come for a visit MRO and bring your delicious gadget with you to give this thing a test. 12,000 Baht well spent i think, can't wait to play with it some more.

Dee Ma. drunk.gifclap2.gif

Wow, that “…press of a button to have standard HP or 33%, 66%, 100% Power Increase”… sounds great. Do they have a shop somewhere?

I’d like to get something for my 3L Isuzu.

I think that's 100% of the maximum available, so if the chip can provide 30HP, then the 100% setting will yield 30HP, etc. Sounds interesting anyway, but what are the basic differences between the speed kit and racechip?

Wow, that “…press of a button to have standard HP or 33%, 66%, 100% Power Increase”… sounds great. Do they have a shop somewhere?

I think that's 100% of the maximum available, so if the chip can provide 30HP, then the 100% setting will yield 30HP, etc. Sounds interesting anyway, but what are the basic differences between the speed kit and racechip?

That correct and as for differences, well they were apparently both developed by Gerald Reinert of Speedkit, the Racechip was later introduced by his former employee or partner in opposition to him, there are posts about this on previous pages if you want to go back and look. Gerald Reinert has a office in Pattaya, contact me if you want details. He states that his Speedkit has later upgrades including the remote control and you can speak with him direct and ask whatever questions you wish.

That correct and as for differences, well they were apparently both developed by Gerald Reinert of Speedkit, the Racechip was later introduced by his former employee or partner in opposition to him, there are posts about this on previous pages if you want to go back and look. Gerald Reinert has a office in Pattaya, contact me if you want details. He states that his Speedkit has later upgrades including the remote control and you can speak with him direct and ask whatever questions you wish.

Just post his number and address we won't tell anyone.

Just post his number and address we won't tell anyone.

Gerald Reinert - 0844502920