4th July

sadman

As Her Britannic Majesty's representative in this forum (if she did but know it) I should like to offer felicitations and greetings to the people of the Commonwealth of the Americas and of the United States (whatever they are).

We firmly believe that, in time, your country may grow to be of influence in that part of the world.

As the son of an American, I shall as always be celebrating Independence Day in the UK, much to the amusement and confusion of the local populace.

How do people celebrate Independence Day in LOS?

I went to the big party at the Consulate General. Unlike last year, there was nobody there that I knew, and nobody was friendly enough to let me sit at their table, so I ate the hot dog in full sunlight. Left early. It makes me wonder. I didn't wear the anti-war t-shirts, either. Oh well, I still have great memories of my country, prior to this president.

Guest fj2003

oh i forgot this day

yesterday i run off toilett paper so i used stars and stripes

but i will recover it from the flush and send it to mr. george w. bush

as the special certification for his job

ups was this the wrong place to say that

Guest fj2003

QUOTE(fj2003 @ 2005-07-04 09:05:07)

QUOTE boon meeProbably... angry.gif

this was not a political statement and i ....................................keep better my mouth atherwise i will be suspended from the chatbecause then it will become political

QUOTE(fj2003 @ 2005-07-04 09:05:07)

QUOTE boon meeProbably... angry.gif

this was not a political statement and i ....................................keep better my mouth atherwise i will be suspended from the chatbecause then it will become political

Good idea...

Guest fj2003

"Der Verkehr muss heute wieder sehr

stark sein. Jetzt stehen wir schon

´ne geschlagene Stunde hier..."

the traffic must be horryble, we are waiting for one hour already!

Guest fj2003

lets go for the party where is it tonight

give me some advise where to go and not to go

thank you

As the son of an American, I shall as always be celebrating Independence Day in the UK, much to the amusement and confusion of the local populace.

Is this the same populace that pissed away an entire empire and now is perpetually at blow-job height of the Independent-er?

How could anybody so great become so ineluctably insignificant, sycophantic & obsequious so fast and still be amused .... and confused?

:D:o

Is this the same populace that pissed away an entire empire and now is perpetually at blow-job height of the Independent-er?

How could anybody so great become so ineluctably insignificant, sycophantic & obsequious so fast and still be amused .... and confused?

Nice , the guy gives you a compliment and you come back with the usual disrespect

You could say the same about the Greeks , the Romans etc , it's called History, the cycle of power.

What goes around , comes around.

Tham Dee , Dai Dee , Tham Chua , Dai Chua.

:D

Edited by chonabot

Nice , the guy gives you a compliment and you come back with the usual disrespect

You could say the same about the Greeks , the Romans etc , it's called History, the cycle of power.

Som Nam Naa...

I replied to your PM, chonabot and am glad that I received it because if you misunderstood my response, then certainly many others might have done so too. Thanks.

My negative response was NOT directed at sadman, the originator -- it was certainly NOT directed at any American -- nor was it directed at America! -- to them (and her) I wish a Happy 4th (a bit late but nevertheless ... :D )

The comments were directed at the "confused" & "amused" British populace referred to by sadman as "the local populace in the UK").

If anybody is going to be angry, let it be for the right reason, OK! :D

:o

I replied to your PM, chonabot and am glad that I received it because if you misunderstood my response, then certainly many others might have done so too. Thanks.

My negative response was NOT directed at sadman, the originator -- it was certainly NOT directed at any American -- nor was it directed at America! -- to them (and her) I wish a Happy 4th (a bit late but nevertheless ... :D )

The comments were directed at the "confused" & "amused" British populace referred to by sadman as "the local populace in the UK").

No problems and no offence taken, thanks. Please clarify something, though - is what you're saying that rather than insulting Americans, you are actually insulting the British?

Strange as it may seem, us Brits have a sense of humour - sometimes it takes the form of self-deprecation, but please don't confuse that with any lack of ambition, ability, self-confidence or self-respect.

'Confused' and 'amused' are indicative of a levity among those in my area, where we try not to be too serious all the time. In reality, they are far from confused, although when my mates and I go to the pub dressed in costume of the time and read the Declaration of Independence aloud in the bar, well, yes they are amused. It doesn't happen too often in South London.

If I've misunderstood you, please accept my apologies. If not, then I really can't be bothered to get angry. I shall take ale instead.

Oh, and Harmonica - I almost forgot to ask - from whichcountry do you originate?

From your tone, it must obviously be from somewhere that has existed as an advanced civilisation for over a thousand years, has contributed significantly to the body of human knowledge, culture and achievement (both at home and abroad), has stood in defiance of tyranny against all odds and, above all, has (unlike the UK) never slipped back from the pinnacle which it attained.

Otherwise it would be a case of the euneuch in the harem - seeing it done all day, but never having been able to do it.

Forgot the date, but as I read newspaper, our princess had Bday on this day, so I remind of the States Independant's Day. Have many friends and relations there, so I played The Boss......Born in The USA...to celebrate with you all. Cheersssssss !!!!! :D:o

Forgot the date, but as I read newspaper, our princess had Bday on this day, so I remind of the States Independant's Day. Have many friends and relations there, so I played The Boss......Born in The USA...to celebrate with you all. Cheersssssss !!!!! :D  :o

Oppss..sorry mistyped...Happy Independence Day !!! :D

No Harmonica I did not mis-interpret your response.

It was simple enough for me to comprehend. The chap made a joke about our public ( Brits) being confused and amused , about him , a Brit, celebrating your Independance Day. His Father is American.

You then lay a few insults at the British public.

This is the point I was trying to make about yourself being ungracious and letting your countrymen down with a salacious and unwarranted outburst.

SO I think perhaps I had the right reason.

Ok ?