4th July

sadman

Oh, and Harmonica - I almost forgot to ask - from whichcountry do you originate?

From your tone, it must obviously be from somewhere that has existed as an advanced civilisation for over a thousand years, has contributed significantly to the body of human knowledge, culture and achievement (both at home and abroad), has stood in defiance of tyranny against all odds and, above all, has (unlike the UK) never slipped back from the pinnacle which it attained.

Otherwise it would be a case of the euneuch in the harem - seeing it done all day, but never having been able to do it.

Hehehehe, now that you've called me by name and neutralized what you wrote in your first response to me and -- driving home the confirmation that I read your origination correctly and, without misduplication caught the drift of the undercurrent too -- may I therefore confirm the following:

yes, the insult was directed at Brits and solely Brits -- no Romans, Greeks, Turks, Joymans or anybody else! Just Brits! :D

then let's take up:

" From your tone, it must obviously be from somewhere that has existed as an advanced civilisation for over a thousand years, has contributed significantly to the body of human knowledge, culture and achievement (both at home and abroad), has stood in defiance of tyranny against all odds and, above all, has (unlike the UK) never slipped back from the pinnacle which it attained ."

QED! :D

So let me re-phrase my, er salacious (or did chonabot mean "salubrious" ? :D )outburst? :o

"how is it possible for the greatest marauding country to lose an entire empire so fast, so utterly and completely & then, fast forwarding to present time, so rapturously kiss, worship and simultaneously covertly disdain the one nation that was smart enough to get independence and then attain heights that were previously not even dreamed of?"

Nothing like watching and listening when the subject of America comes up among a group of Brits -- but somebody has got to tell these has-been bums what the score is.

That'll be me; always got to be me to do the f*ckin work! :D

Like I keep asking/telling Englishmen time and time again, "have you no ambition?" .... turn in your passports and go American!

Happy 4th to all Americans here, including that 50-50, no-good bum, sadman! :D

As the son of an American, I shall as always be celebrating Independence Day in the UK, much to the amusement and confusion of the local populace.

Is this the same populace that pissed away an entire empire and now is perpetually at blow-job height of the Independent-er?

How could anybody so great become so ineluctably insignificant, sycophantic & obsequious so fast and still be amused .... and confused?

:D:o

Nice , the guy gives you a compliment and you come back with the usual disrespect

You could say the same about the Greeks , the Romans etc , it's called History, the cycle of power.

What goes around , comes around.

Tham Dee , Dai Dee , Tham Chua , Dai Chua.

:D

I replied to your PM, chonabot and am glad that I received it because if you misunderstood my response, then certainly many others might have done so too. Thanks.

My negative response was NOT directed at sadman, the originator -- it was certainly NOT directed at any American -- nor was it directed at America! -- to them (and her) I wish a Happy 4th (a bit late but nevertheless ... :D )

The comments were directed at the "confused" & "amused" British populace referred to by sadman as "the local populace in the UK").

If anybody is going to be angry, let it be for the right reason, OK! :D

No Harmonica I did not mis-interpret your response.

It was simple enough for me to comprehend. The chap made a joke about our public ( Brits) being confused and amused , about him , a Brit, celebrating your Independance Day. His Father is American.

You then lay a few insults at the British public.

This is the point I was trying to make about yourself being ungracious and letting your countrymen down with a salacious and unwarranted outburst.

SO I think perhaps I had the right reason.

Ok ?

OK! We understand each other! :D

Oh, and Harmonica - I almost forgot to ask - from whichcountry do you originate?

From your tone, it must obviously be from somewhere that has existed as an advanced civilisation for over a thousand years, has contributed significantly to the body of human knowledge, culture and achievement (both at home and abroad), has stood in defiance of tyranny against all odds and, above all, has (unlike the UK) never slipped back from the pinnacle which it attained.

Otherwise it would be a case of the euneuch in the harem - seeing it done all day, but never having been able to do it.

Hehehehe, now that you've called me by name and neutralized what you wrote in your first response to me and -- driving home the confirmation that I read your origination correctly and, without misduplication caught the drift of the undercurrent too -- may I therefore confirm the following:

yes, the insult was directed at Brits and solely Brits -- no Romans, Greeks, Turks, Joymans or anybody else! Just Brits! :D

then let's take up:

" From your tone, it must obviously be from somewhere that has existed as an advanced civilisation for over a thousand years, has contributed significantly to the body of human knowledge, culture and achievement (both at home and abroad), has stood in defiance of tyranny against all odds and, above all, has (unlike the UK) never slipped back from the pinnacle which it attained ."

So let me re-phrase my, er salacious (or did chonabot mean "salubrious" ? :D )outburst? :o

"how is it possible for the greatest marauding country to lose an entire empire so fast, so utterly and completely & then, fast forwarding to present time, so rapturously kiss, worship and simultaneously covertly disdain the one nation that was smart enough to get independence and then attain heights that were previously not even dreamed of?"

Nothing like watching and listening when the subject of America comes up among a group of Brits -- but somebody has got to tell these has-been bums what the score is.

Like I keep asking/telling Englishmen time and time again, "have you no ambition?" .... turn in your passports and go American!

I think that maybe you're referring to posts somewhere else as well as here, because this reply means little to me - I can detect the influence of alcohol or medication in it. The no-good bum bit is a fair call, though.

As the son of an American, I shall as always be celebrating Independence Day in the UK, much to the amusement and confusion of the local populace.

Is this the same populace that pissed away an entire empire and now is perpetually at blow-job height of the Independent-er?

How could anybody so great become so ineluctably insignificant, sycophantic & obsequious so fast and still be amused .... and confused?

:D:o

Some of you lot really don't do yourselves any favours for setting yourselves up for some bashing do you and then you whine and moan when you get it up ya. As with Yank-style football, Independence Day is only a big deal for a miniscule portion of the global population. No country is infallible. When America comes down I have an feeling you will be eating those words.

This is not a yank bashing post just a reply.

I believe that Britain lost it's Empire so quickly, because whilst having a war with the French in Europe and an uprising in it's Indian colony at the same time (streching a small countrys fighting resources some wha, it was stabbed in the back by it's american brothers deciding that only whilst Britain was dealing with 2 other wars would it have a chance to claim independance, of course they would have failed that misserably if the French hadn't have turned up in America to blockade our troops supplies, so to be honest mr backstabber the French won your 4th of July for you not the yanks. Plus The British decided killing there own people was not the best way to go ahead whilst they had 2 other conflicts going on at same time. So the Empire was lost due to your back stabbing. :o

Ohh happy 4th of July lets all give thanks to the French for creating the great country of America.

This is aimed only at one yank the rest of you are quite nice really honesty! :D

Edited by Boatabike

then let's take up:

I think that maybe you're referring to posts somewhere else as well as here, because this reply means little to me - I can detect the influence of alcohol or medication in it. The no-good bum bit is a fair call, though.

It was the meditation, not medication! :D

This is not a yank bashing post just a reply.

I believe that Britain lost it's Empire so quickly, because whilst having a war with the French in Europe and an uprising in it's Indian colony at the same time (streching a small countrys fighting resources some wha, it was stabbed in the back by it's american brothers deciding that only whilst Britain was dealing with 2 other wars would it have a chance to claim independance, of course they would have failed that misserably if the French hadn't have turned up in America to blockade our troops supplies, so to be honest mr backstabber the French won your 4th of July for you not the yanks. Plus The British decided killing there own people was not the best way to go ahead whilst they had 2 other conflicts going on at same time. So the Empire was lost due to your back stabbing.  :D

Ohh happy 4th of July lets all give thanks to the French for creating the great country of America.

This is aimed only at one yank the rest of you are quite nice really honesty! :D

Here Here! Hear Hear! sorry, u.s.a. education! :D

:o:D