Telephone uk-thailand

Rinrada

F.Y.I.O...

Wife has been using a new telephone card to call mates in Bangers and Chaing Rai from the "Smoke"-London.

She recons that it gives 550 minutes with good connection and clarity and costs work out at 2.7p/3 Bt a minute.(card with discount £15)

I know that you can get good deals on computer lines but this is stand alone anytime.

Cards name is " SOUTH EAST ASIA" with customer services 24 hours a day on 0800-097-7699......

Tora-Sap..ring- ring or rather lin-lin :cool:

• 3 months later...

KEEPING COSTS DOWN..

Looking good will give it a try.

While on the subject and I know its been done before.Me being a bit tight fisted (another word -not polite)sod I use the pay as you go mobile system here in UK-BT or O2.where you buy a £10 card and make it last as long etc...

On last visit(for a month) we brought both mobiles from here and got a couple of SIMs at MBK which gave us 500 bt of calls at 2bt a minute (all Thailand -5 numbers) and lasts for 6 months.(total cost 600bt)

To call another No.was about 4-5 Bt/min.

Now back in UK replace with old BT sim and back to normal but still have about 350 Bt credit on LOS Sim (orange)for next visit.

Was this a good deal or what? :cool:

I had a problem maintaining my AIS one2call number while in the UK (you know you lose the number if you do not top up within 30 days of you credit expiring). After emailing AIS, they switched on international roaming, after which I was able to top up with a card I had bought in Thailand. However, you cannot top up via the internet with a credit card (this is coming though, AIS tells me). They suggest you get someone to buy a topup card in Thailand for you, and then get them to email the number on the card to you so you can topup before you loose your number. Just thought this would be useful to pass on.

A good site for those in the UK who are interested in Thailand is http://www.thailand-uk.com/

For you folks that don't know about TeleDiscount (valentinoxxx post), its 2p per minute for a call to Thailand (Thai mobile 10p), and the call goes on your phone bill (no need to register, etc). Thus, call 0844 4 620 620 (Thailand non mobile) or 0911 9 120 120 (Thailand mobile), then punch in the international number for the number in Thailand and press the hash key. What could be simpler?