Soon To Be Released Ducati 848 Evo

Garry

Watch for this new missile coming out of Bologna: Ducati 848 EVO. This bike will put the cat amongst the pigeons in the middle weight ranks

Video is not so great, hopefulyl better ones will show up:

http://www.youtube.c...J1gRBp8vgk&hd=1

www.ducati.com

A 140 hp Testastretta engine, steering dampers and the new monobloc brakes mean that with the 848EVO even more exhilarating performance is guaranteed.

848EVO - the most exciting way to enter the world Ducati Superbikes

Check out Ducati's Virtual Museum. The Virtual Museum menu reminds of the menu out of Terminator Redemption but on a lower scale

http://www.ducati.co...sh_GB/home.html

Edited by Garry

Does 1st reply get 1st test ride? Wow!

Glad to see it's got a red-line warning indicator. Like I could find a fast enough road and a low enough gear to see it!

I'm taking the pics to bed now.

Nye nye.

Glad to see Ducati had the good sense to return to the original 916 style headlights, the last model to come from them, though "super aerodynamic" was an absolute atrocity, I'm surprised it took them so long to realise that they had a winner with the 916 (748).

Still though, I think i'd rather find a second hand 916/749 senna, I like the carbon fibre look, old but don't see the need to change something which is already perfect perhaps I'm just getting old though.

Glad to see Ducati had the good sense to return to the original 916 style headlights, the last model to come from them, though "super aerodynamic" was an absolute atrocity, I'm surprised it took them so long to realise that they had a winner with the 916 (748).

Still though, I think i'd rather find a second hand 916/749 senna, I like the carbon fibre look, old but don't see the need to change something which is already perfect perhaps I'm just getting old though.

I believe the 1198S in my garage has identical designed headlights? The headlights on the 848 evo are completely different from my old 916... (see picture for comparison)

post-12170-023724000 1280122874_thumb.jp

Edited by Richard-BKK

I believe the 1198S in my garage has identical designed headlights? The headlights on the 848 evo are completely different from my old 916... (see picture for comparison)

1198S, nice one//what do you think of the DTS. Have yuo had much chance to play with the settings?

I think maybe that b2203 is thinking about the 999. I have one and I think it is no attrocity. One of the winniest Ducati Superbikes ever.

Of course I now have the opportunity to photo whore again

09042010009.jpg

IMG_5005.jpgIMG_5010.jpg

They are all looking like HORN material to me......got to love the Italian stallion. :wub:

Let me tell you, that new Ducati 848 Evo is neat, those 140hp figures are very appealing, much more so than its thai pricetag, I would imagine. :(

Let me tell you, that new Ducati 848 Evo is neat, those 140hp figures are very appealing, much more so than its thai pricetag, I would imagine. :(
Yeah! :unsure: I hate looking at U.S. or U.K. based Ducati websites just in case I catch a glimpse of how little (comparatively) an 848 costs over there.

BTW Garry, is that the 999s you got from Foxy? Very nice!

Edited by RusticCharm

Yeah! :unsure: I hate looking at U.S. or U.K. based Ducati websites just in case I catch a glimpse of how little (comparatively) an 848 costs over there.

RC, it always shocks me when I go to this link: http://www.ducatithailand.com/financial.php but we're between a rock and a hard place.

I hear Singapore and other places in Northern Europe are pretty steep as well.

1198S, nice one//what do you think of the DTS. Have yuo had much chance to play with the settings?

I think maybe that b2203 is thinking about the 999. I have one and I think it is no attrocity. One of the winniest Ducati Superbikes ever.

About the DTS on the Ducati 1198S, I was considering suing Ducati for not inventing this earlier. I know some Ducati riders call it useless, but my experience its just perfect. I ride a lot in Bangkok and road conditions are not always perfect, oil, sand plastic bag... you name it and you can find it on the road in Bangkok. With the DTS I have nothing to worry about, almost nothing, I can concentrate more on traffic and less on the condition of the road.

With my previous Ducati 1098S I always had to think, can I open the throttle, how much is safe... Especially at some of the traffic lights, where apparently most cars lose engine oil, a powerful motorcycle can be a dangerous machine.

Also the DTS makes the 1198S more ridable for the girlfriend, she is a bit afraid to borrow the 1198S, as she went down twice with the 1098S.

About the DTS on the Ducati 1198S, I was considering suing Ducati for not inventing this earlier. I know some Ducati riders call it useless, but my experience its just perfect. I ride a lot in Bangkok and road conditions are not always perfect, oil, sand plastic bag... you name it and you can find it on the road in Bangkok. With the DTS I have nothing to worry about, almost nothing, I can concentrate more on traffic and less on the condition of the road.

With my previous Ducati 1098S I always had to think, can I open the throttle, how much is safe... Especially at some of the traffic lights, where apparently most cars lose engine oil, a powerful motorcycle can be a dangerous machine.

Also the DTS makes the 1198S more ridable for the girlfriend, she is a bit afraid to borrow the 1198S, as she went down twice with the 1098S.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good news about the DTS, even day to day riding. I understand that changing tyres to different profiles can be an issue on setting levels, but supposedly no major dramas.

I've been contemplating getting an aftermarket TS for my 999. I've been looking at this system http://www.bellissim...ionControl.html

Edited by Garry

also the DTS makes the 1198S more ridable for the girlfriend, she is a bit afraid to borrow the 1198S, as she went down twice with the 1098S.

A sign of true love... allowing the GF to borrow your ducati.

also the DTS makes the 1198S more ridable for the girlfriend, she is a bit afraid to borrow the 1198S, as she went down twice with the 1098S.

That would be worthy of a photo. Tto see a Thai lady who weighs probably about as much as a case of beer, wrestling a 1098 around the streets in Bangkok :D

I wonder if Richard would consider lending it to his internet buddies on Thai Visa. I promise to be gentle Rich and will return it will a full tank of bensine.. :lol:

S

Sorry mate, I meant to respond in the other post. Yeah it was Foxy's 999S, now my 999S. He looked after here lovelingly and I intend doing the very same. Foxy is a good guy all right. :)